Monday, February 16, 2009

Calendar Paperweight


The photo isn't great for this project... I am sorry about that, but it's late in the day and I don't have great light. I wanted to show you this cute little paperweight in which I made a 2009 Calendar. You can just make the calendar with your computer in any program you are comfortable with. The paperweight came from office Depot. It is clear Acrylic... and has two tiny magnetic posts, and then the back is magnetic. So... I just insert the calendar for this month and add the back and that holds the page in. I decorated my pages with little stamps and I highlighted dates that are important for our family. You know those $1.00 Studio G stamps from Michaels that are for each month of the year? Well this is a great place to use them! I added Stickles and glitter but none of that shows in this light!
There are so many possibilities for these paperweights... I got a few more in different shapes. I'll let you know when I do something with them!
Hope you enjoyed this little project idea... it was fun to do and would make a great little personalized gift for anyone.

4 comments:

laos348 said...

What a fabulous idea! I think I need to get some of those paperweights!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Wow! What a GREAT project!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Ricky and Speedy the Cat are about the same size. Speedy the Cat weighs over 16 pounds, too! (He carries it in his belly!)

Patti said...

Very Sweet!! Thank you for sharing : ) I love your blog too. : )

Patti