Friday, February 27, 2009

Embrace Life with Limited Supplies


Hello again! It's raining today and I'm having fun in my craft room! Today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS was a very limited list of allowables. We HAD to make our own designer paper, and could not use any other designer paper. We could ONLY use one set, so the background had to come from the same set as our main image and our sentiment. I struggled with the sentiment, because in all honesty, this is not a sentiment I am likely to use, so I made the panel large enough to add another layer to it with a sentiment more appropriate for the need. Also limited were the use of accessories and embellishments. We could only use Nesties or punches on the sentiment panel, nothing else, but we were allowed to cut out any images by hand that we wished. The embellishments could only be brads and ribbon.


Whew... when there's such a specific list I always worry I'll miss something and be "illegal"! LOL! But today I think I got it covered. I used Very Vanilla for my main panel and for the flower images. I stamped my bg with VersaMark and stamped the leaf image from Embrace Life on that. I used Archival Jet Black to stamp three of the flowers from that set, and stamped with VersaMark on the sentiment panel with the smaller floral branch image in that set. Then I overstamped the sentiment with Archival. I did use Nesties to cut the oval sentiment panel and the scalloped oval in very vanilla. I lightly touched just a tad of pastels to my flowers and then painted them with Twinkling H2Os.. in French Vanilla.... sounds yummy, doesn't it? This gave the flowers a pretty shimmer. I went over the stamens with a gel pen to highlight. I plan to add stickles to the stamens later, but that was not allowed for this challenge.
I used two ribbons and did not use the allowed brads. It's a simple layout but one of my old faithful standbys... I use this layout a lot.
Hope you like it and hope you are having a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Grace.

Kay said...

Grace, this is lovely. Sometimes less really is more!

Unknown said...

great challenge card and your dsp looks great