Friday, February 13, 2009

A Gift Bag and Matching Card




Today's Limited Supply Challenge over at SCS was to stretch ourselves and do something we don't usually do. I have never decorated a gift bag before, nor have I used buttons on my cards... nor have I sewn! I do sew... just not on cards! Well... today I made a matching card and gift bag that I needed for a good friend. I used my 5/8" square punch to punch all these little squares of various Provo Craft Designer paper. I mounted them on a chocolate background. I used my Nesties to cut out the heart and also the label 2 on the card. I sponged Creamy Caramel around both sentiment panels. The bag is stamped with a Great Impressions Stamp in Chocolate Chip, the sentiment on the card I made up and printed on the computer. I could not for the life of me get a good photo of the set so I'm uploading them separately, but you can get the idea I'm sure! I did another first on the bag... I tore a piece of fabric from my quilt stash and tied it into a bow on the handle, along with some raffia.

9 comments:

Mothermark said...

What a great looking gift bag! I love the colors and the texture...beautifully done!

Karen said...

Grace, your blog looks great. I LOVE your project today. It's awesome!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your gift bag and matching card are beautiful, Grace! You've got the "gift!"

Teresa Kline said...

Grace, this is a fabulous gift set...your blog is soooo cool! *~*

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a fabulous gift set, Grace!!! You did a wonderful job with the sewing and I just love all the little quilt blocks!!! I LOVE your blog, too....soooo AWESOME!!!

Rose said...

Grace, your blog is awesome! Your work is so inspiring!

Rose

Diane Noble said...

Grace, I love your new blog and your beautiful creations as well. We have the same Daily Scripture program on our blogs! It looks like we have a lot in common. I'll enjoy visiting you often. I'll add you to my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great. I love your card & bag set... You have a lot of great talent. It was fun visiting your new blog page... I don't blog I just check out for inspiration..

Anonymous said...

This is so very classy! Great job.