Sunday, February 15, 2009

Haven't Heard a Peep!


I'm so ready for spring! The signs are everywhere here in NC! The daffodils are blooming in places already, and many other bulbs are starting to push their ways up through the ground. I chose this fun designer paper from a K Marcella pack because it felt so springy! I just got this Penny Black stamp yesterday... although it is an older one... I happen to love the style of the older Penny Blacks a lot!
Today's featured stamper over on SCS was Julie M Lacey and she has a great gallery! If you'd like to check it out it is FS106. For the Featured Stamper Challenge, we are to case that stamper's card, changing at least 3 things. I changed almost everything except the general layout. I also wanted to participate in Erin's very first sketch challenge over at http://confessionsofapaperaddict.blogspot.com . It just so happens that her sketch was so close to Julies that I was able to make it work.
This image is colored with Copics and has Stickles on the flowers, and clear glitter pen on the sentiment and kitty's eyes. I hate that I can't get a photo that shows that at night, but I can't. Sparkle is always hard to show up on a photo. If you have any great secrets on how to do that let me know!!!
Thanks for taking a peek at my card today. I will have a project to share later on.... it's almost done. I think it will be a fun gift idea! Please stop back tomorrow and I'll show it to you!

3 comments:

laos348 said...

What a fun card. I really like the paper you chose to use. I would have been afraid to go with that but you got it perfect.

Stephanie said...

I love this card, is this an Old Penny Black stamp?

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! Love the offset layers. Blessings/Lost in the 60's/Planted in Joy