Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Sister My Friend

Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog! Today's challenge on SCS was a sketch challenge. I have used this sketch before and loved it, but today I struggled. I think it's because I'm in such a time crunch. I have a lot of prep work still to do for tonight's Bible Study, and I have been so busy all day... so this was a quickie.

I used my daisy paper from K&Co (I love this paper) and the green dp is from EK Success. I used Nesties to cut three small squares out of GPW. I sponged around the edges with Old Olive and then Always Artichoke. On two I mounted my series of Primas, and on the one I stamped my sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly in Old Olive. My sister is having a birthday, so I put the birthday sentiment inside the card. I assembled the card with everything except the three little panels, draped and attached the leaf ribbon, then added the flowers and sentiment panels popped up on dimensionals. The bow at the bottom comes through a punched double slot hole I had punched before mounting on the base. I felt that to run a ribbon all the way across made too many horizontal rows and was not pleasing to the eye. After I took the photo I realized that I had forgotten to add the punched and sponged butterfly I had made but I didn't have time to take more pictures. There will be a sparkly pretty butterfly enjoying these flowers when I send it off. I don't think this is my best work, but being in such a rush had a lot to do with that. Thanks so much for taking the time to look!!! It means a lot to me! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Grace, this is just beautiful!!!! I love that leaf ribbon. Your sister will love this one.

Hugs,
Sabrina

Diane Noble said...

It's beautiful, Grace! It looks as though you spent lots of time with it. I especially like the way you intertwined the leaf/vine silk ribbon. Gorgeous!

The die you asked about is SU! Sweetest Stem matted by SUs wide oval punch.

Saved By Grace said...

Hi Grace,
This is a beautiful card, it looks as if you spent quite a bit of time creating it, doesn't look rushed to me...
very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace... The colours on this card work so well together. Beautiful card.

Kay said...

Finally I get to leave a comment! So glad all the bugs got worked out so I could tell you how much I love this card. You do beautiful work, Grace

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the daisy paper, your card is very pretty, doesn't look rushed to me.

Anonymous said...

fabulous card! WOW, it's beautiful!!