Saturday, February 28, 2009

Room Service Home Inspired


Hello and happy weekend everyone!!!
Today's Inspiration Challenge was a treat for me... I don't usually get to play on Sat. (or Sun. very often)... but today I did. I drew my inspiration from the calendar on the left on this site: http://www.roomservicehome.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GP212312
I was thinking of that new SU! set with the bird that looks just like that one... but I didn't have it. I did however have this Martha Stewart bird stamp and I had some great designer paper by K&Co in the old writing, posts, etc styles. So this is what I came up with. The bird is stamped with Archival Jet Black, and colored with Prisma Pencils and blended with Odor Free Mineral Spirits. I used a Very Vanilla base, matted with River Rock, and then the dp. It is a 4 x 6" card. I left room for a sentiment panel. I have a stamp I want to use that says "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me"... in fact I stamped it and mounted it on River Rock, added a clip with a snippet of ivory lace and was going to attach it, but decided to wait until I know the exact need for this card. Right now it could go masculine or feminine... if I attached that lace it was going feminine... so I'll wait. As I mentioned yesterday... I often leave a card without a sentiment until I have the need. It's always good to have a few on hand to grab when things come up in a hurry!
I have to head to the Vet with Lucy now... she needs her shots. She'll be mad at me the rest of the day! LOL! I've been preparing her with lots of treats.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! For those of you in the southeast... don't drown in the rain today, and don't get burried in the snow that's forecast for tomorrow!

8 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, this is just beautiful! That whole back piece is just one piece of paper? Wow! Great job!

peggysue said...

What a lovely little birdie card, I like the layout and the softer colors, but the bird itself stands out nicely. And who makes the sentiment you were going to use? Hope Lucy forgives you for taking care of her health. My cat still has not forgiven me for bringing home a puppy.

laos348 said...

Wow - this is gorgeous. The bird is colored so well and I like how the subtle colors in the bird make it the focus against the lighter colors of the background. Every aspect of this card fits so well together - its a pleasure to look at.

Saved By Grace said...

What a pretty card, birds are so nice to use on cards I always think about singing to the Lord and making a joyful noise.

Anonymous said...

Another Wow Grace. What an amazing job in colouring the bird. It looks like it could fly away any second. I love the paper that you have the bird layered on. This is truly magazine worthy.

Gina Lindsay said...

Awesome job coloring your bird! It looks beautiful with the papers you chose.

Judy Rozema said...

This is such a beautiful card and so wonderfully inspired!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Simply beautiful and wonderful coloring on it! :)