Monday, February 23, 2009



Wow! Where did today go? I was knee deep in paper work for church all day long! I finally took a break to try today's technique lover's challenge over on SCS.... rubber band stamping.

This was a new one for me. You stretch multiple rubber bands over a wood block, and stamp your background with either VersaMark, Craft Ink, or whatever you please really. You then could sponge the bg and the inked portion would resist the color, or you could do as I did.... heat emboss. I did it in a two step process... first embossing with copper ep, and then with gold ep. I used the sketch for Our Daily Bread Designs ODBD02.... and I first colored my ODB image from Fishers of Men. But I didn't think it went as well with the new bg, so I used this Sweet 'n Sassy Chickadee and sentiment that I already had colored (with Copics) and was sitting on my desk. I will post the other one as soon as I can finish it up. Sometimes things like that just happen! LOL! So I used brushed gold cs which I ran through the cuttlebug for the left side of the sketch, punched a couple leaves out of copper scraps with my Martha Stewart punch, used my Nesties for the cut out shapes... oval and label one, and wrapped SU! twine around several times... in black and natural. I struggle with masculine cards, but I think this one is masculine enough for anyone!

2 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love these earthy colors - so fitting for that beautiful bird.