Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Challenge that was difficult!!!


This was my third single layer card... the one that had to have a coffee theme. I stamped the Stampabilities House Mouse image and colored with Prisma Pencils, blended with odor free mineral spirits, then painted the mug with a couple of coats of Diamond Glaze, which really gave it a shine. I stamped the Stampabilities sentiment and the little coffee bean from a Hero Arts Clear set in Chocolate Chip. I sponged Creamy Caramel around the edges, and also Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen. For the scalloped border I used my corner rounder without the guard on it. I used a camel color ribbon with a cranberry colored thread woven through it. I added some shimmer with my clear glitter gel pen... the wafts, coffee beans and the little mouse' toenails, eyes and nose have just a dot.
I hope you like this trio of single layer cards. Never have I done any more difficult challenge than this! Oh how I longed for a few layers!!! LOL! But I did not cheat and I feel I learned a few things along the way... and that's what a challenge is all about!
I will be gone for a week and a half at least, so please don't give up on me... I'll be back and will be chompin at the bit to stamp and share again! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kay said...

How cute is this? It is my absolute favorite of the three! The image is darling and all the little details (the ribbon, the sponging) come together beautifully. Way to go, Grace!

Unknown said...

awesome challenge card. single layer cards are definitely up there when it comes to challenges for you. this card is awesome!