Saturday, March 21, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge


Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!
Last night I made a card for this weekend's Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge over on PCP. We were to use Real Red, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and White. I found this to be quite a challenge! I think nautical when I think of these colors but to do this challenge you must use Clear Dollar Stamps and so since I don't have any nautical ones that are CD, I used my Leaf Impressions set and stamped the leaves in RR, CC and BB. I also used Real Red DP, and Bashful Blue, which I ran through my cuttlebug with a springy flower ef for the red, and the snowflake ef for the blue. I cut each color into strips and mounted on Papertrey Chocolate CS base... LOVE this Papertrey paper!!!
The CD verse is stamped in Chocolate Chip and is Ecc. 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven." I then punched a couple daisies from white, sponged in RR, cut a chocolate stem with the SU! embosslit, and punched two butterflies with the Martha Stewart Punch. I added some bling and a bashful blue ribbon. While this is not my usual style, I guess it pulled together pretty well.
Thanks for taking a peek. Have a blessed weekend!

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! Love that verse!!! You did an awesome job on the color challenge. Love your dry embossing and the middle panel you created.

Gina Lindsay said...

this is a beautiful card, the colors are great and I like the mixed embossed image.

Anonymous said...

The detail and thought you put into your cards is amazing. It makes me happy to visit your blog. TYFS

Saved By Grace said...

What a pretty card all of the detail really makes it stand out, I love the butterfly.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow! Really cool to use those colors for a nature type set! I love it! Love the 3 background, as well! Just beautiful!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card. I love how you used the papers.