Friday, March 27, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge ~ Monochromatic and Purple!!!


Hello everyone!
Today's Clear Dollar Stamps Color Challenge over on PCP is to make a monochromatic card, and a further challenge was to use purple. We could use as many shades of our color as we wanted, and white for a neutral.
I don't honestly have a lot of purple ink! I ended up pulling out the really retired (like 07???)"In color" from SU!... Vintage Violet. I still had the ink, ribbon and card stock, so that worked for me! I also found this lavender cs in my stash, sorry I don't know where it came from. I rarely use purple!
I used two Clear Dollar Stamp Sets here. The Sentiment is from "In God's Hands", and the flowers and Hummingbird are the March 2009 Set "Sweet Hummingbird". I stamped the sentiment in Vintage Violet and cut out the oval with my Nesties. I matted that in lavender and then a scalloped Vintage Violet layer. I matted my card the same way, and the white layer I ran through the cuttlebug for some texture. My flowers and hummer are first stamped in VersaMark, then Vintage Violet, and Clear Heat Embossed. I then cut out one flower / bird image and three more flowers from which I cut the hummer. I punched some Martha Stewart Greenery Punches from the lavender, and popped up my flowers on dimensionals.
I love these Clear Dollar Stamps! There are so many great Scriptures, images and great sentiments! They really stamp well too... make great impressions!
Thanks for taking a peek! Sorry the photo is dark, but it's dark here and going to be tomorrow... so I just did what I could with my lamp. Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Saved By Grace said...

Very pretty card...I will have to check into the Clear Dollar Stamp Sets...

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Grace!!! It is funny, I just used that same sentiment for a card today (I have not uploaded mine yet :( )
Love the shades of purple you've used. This stamp set is one of my very first ones I've ordered from Clear Dollar Stamps, but I am already eyeing some more ;P.
Hugs, Sabrina

scrapperjulia said...

This is just lovely! I love the hummingbbird!

Laurie Wilson said...

Oooohh, just gorgeous! So very pretty! Lovely design with the oval and florals along the bottom.

Shawne said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely beautiful! I don't know how you came up with this so fast, I love your purple embossing!

Chef Mama Lori said...

GORGEOUS! It's ever so purple and simply beautiful!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Grace.

hugs Riet.x

Cassie said...

Wow, this is so elegant and beautiful! Great card, Grace!

Codi Jo said...

Hey Grace, I like your card very much. Very nice. Isn't blogging fun? Who knew?it really gets my creative juices going.

Kevin Renz said...

Gorgeous card Grace. I love this stamp set too.

Anonymous said...

I want to come and sit with you one day and watch you create. Another amazing job with great detail.

Jill Haddad said...

Wow - definitely some beautiful work in these posts!!! Good luck on the Designer Spot challenge.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is beautiful, I'll bet you make it as a Designer---that's my prediction!

peggysue said...

Grace that is a lovely card and those branches in lilac? What a fabulous touch. I like the large oval against the CB background and you framed the sentiment so nicely.

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Grace. I was just talking to another SCSer about this dt call. This is super. I love that they made it a purple challenge. Good luck

laos348 said...

So pretty and elegant. Purple is my favorite color so I love seeing purple cards!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is wonderful!!!
Annette

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Beautifully done! Amazing card!
:-)

Unknown said...

how beautiful! i'm always in awe of your work when I visit. thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us!