Monday, March 2, 2009

Hiding in the Bullrushes



Hello everyone! Blogger ate my first post, so we're trying this again, but shorter this time! LOL!

Today's Technique Lover's Challenge On Splitcoast Stampers was to make a Crimped Envelope Pocket Card. The idea was to seal an envelope and slice off a section on the short side. Then you were to run the lower part through the crimper, and then decorate as desired. I don't have a crimper so I had to improvise. I wanted a "guy" card so I chose a tannish colored envelope and thought I'd use my Cuttlebug for the texturing, hoping that would make the bottom just enough smaller that the top would fit over top. My first envelope was too thin and I didn't care for the whole envie to be cuttlebugged. So I took that apart and used it as a template, and made my own envelope out of card stock. The marbled cs is some old paper I've had forever and don't know where it came from, but it was just the right weight. So I cuttlebugged top and bottom of the envie, then I used VersMark on the raised parts, and then sponged on Chocolate Chip ink with a sponge dauber. Then for the card, I stamped my "Bird Watching" stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms (Sat. Evening Post Series) in chocolate Chip, mounted on CC card stock, added a jumbo eyelet and some twine. For the sentiment I used a stamp from SU! Refuge and Strength, then punched out a circle and a mat for it. Although my photo does not look like it, the card fits in the envie perfectly! Blame the photographer for the perspective problems... oh, that would be me! LOL! I thought this little mini plate stand would be a great way to display both pieces together but it puts the card closer than the envie and it makes it look way bigger! LOL! Oh well.... I promise it fits fine!

Thanks for taking a peek, and I hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, you never cease to amaze me!!! This is way cool!!!!
Hugs, Sabrina

Stephanie said...

Love the envelope, Grace. You are SO talented!!! I love the images on the envelope, too. What a perfect male card :) So glad to be part of your blogger group!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow, this is just beautiful...I mean to say "very handsome"!! Wow, that bird scene is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful creation Grace.

Emma Fewkes said...

How great to find your blog Grace. You can tell from my SCS comment that I LOVE this gorgeous card. You are so talented. Hugs, Emma x

Kay said...

Blogger just doens't like you, does it, Grace? I'm glad you persevered and posted again because I am loving this card. Very understated and elegant. "manly" cards are hard, but I think you nailed it with this!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Grace, you did an awesome job on this...perfect for the special man in your life!!! I love the images and wonderful colors!!

Stephanie said...

What a great job on the challenge, I love what you have done here!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Great job, Grace! I thought about doing that same thing since I also don't have a crimper, but I chickened out! Good for you! Love it!!!

Saved By Grace said...

Grace, I love the sentiment on this card so true...I have never seen an envelope done like this truly awesome...I love to come to your blog for inspiration.