Monday, March 23, 2009

His Holy Name Challenge - Creator and Almighty





Hello everyone!

I am finally getting caught up on some of what I missed over the past couple of weeks. I have been participating in the "His Holy Name" Challenge on SCS, and this is my 6 x 6 page for "Creator". I chose Rev. 4:11..."Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for you created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created." I also chose to look at "creator" in a different way, and quoted David in Ps. 51:10..."Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Not only did our God create the universe and everything that is... He also is intimately involved in our lives, and desires a relationship with us. Since we have no righteousness of our own, it is only through the gift of the shed blood of Jesus that we can stand before a Holy God, clean and righteous in His sight, justified by faith in Christ Jesus. So as I ponder the word "Creator", I can't help but marvel that that same God... who created all things, loves me and works in my heart and life every moment. So I added David's prayer to my page.


I have not scrapbooked much at all, and what I have done was years ago, so my pages are not really about great papers and fancy embellishments... I know they are simple, but for me, this is about the Bible study and the wonderful verses that are speaking to my heart as I read about God's names and attributes.


If you would like to join us, you'll find the challenge here.


For this page I used some of Memory Box's great new 6 x 6 packs... The Butterfield Collection. My verses are all done on the computer. The letters are old punch out letters I had for ages, and I added a black outline with my Tombow marker to create a beveled look. Sorry the photo isn't the best... maybe later I can get a better one.

***************************************************************************




My next page is for "Almighty". For this page I used two verses from The book of Revelation. "I am the Alpha and Omega, says the Lord God, The Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come, the almighty." Rev. 1:8. I also used part of Rev. 4:8 "... Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, The almighty, who was and who is and who is to come". These verses stress the uniqueness of God in that He is all powerful, and He is without beginning or end....He is omnipotent.


The other verse I chose is "O Lord Almighty, who is like you? You are Mighty; O Lord, and Your faithfulness surrounds You." Ps.89:8 This verse brings this attribute to me in an up close and personal way... I can trust in His faithfulness, because He is Almighty!


For this page I used Basic Grey's "Perhaps" for the background as well as the matting. I used letters from the BG Scarlett Letter pack I have, and the verses are all printed from the computer.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and have a look. I hope these verses have blessed your heart as they have mine!

No comments: