Monday, March 23, 2009

Mini Easter Basket


Good Monday everyone! I don't know where this past week has gone but here we are in another one!
I have not done hardly any SCS challenges since I got back from my Daughter's house... but today's Technique Lover's Challenge enticed me, and I had to try it. The instructions are easy to follow and you can find them on SCS under TLC213
here
I did not want the printer lines to show so I printed the template out on copy paper and traced onto my DP. I used EK Success DP for the outside of the basket, and the dotted paper is Anna Griffin. I did make a couple of alterations to the pattern. I wanted to add this punched edge so in order for it not to dominate the whole basket I cut the fold down part of the liner in half, and glued the punched edge under that. Also, I wasn't real happy with how the corners looked on the folded edges... so I made a teeniny strip which I glued behind each side of the folded down portion and drew them together... it formed a strap to bring the corners of the folded portions together and keep them from flapping out. Does that make sense? I can't seem to find the right words to describe what I did! LOL!
I kept the decorations simple because this is really a small basket and I didn't want to overwhelm it with decor. I used a daisy punch from EK Success, scraps of vanilla and mellow moss and a MS Punch for the leaves. I sponged the vanilla with Pretty in Pink ink, added the MS punched butterfly and some bling and called it done. This was a fun and easy project. I might do more for the Easter table... I thought they'd make nice favors for each place setting.
I hope you have a blessed day! Thanks for taking a peek!

4 comments:

Kay said...

Grace, this is just beautiful! I love everything about it, it is totally adorable!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, Grace, this is so gorgeous!!! I love everything about this little basket. This is for sure breathtaking!!!!!
Hugs, Sabrina

Joey said...

Hi Grace, this is gorgeous, an amazing little basket. Joey.x

The Mama Monkey said...

What a cool basket! Just awesome detail with the "lace" border punch!