Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ocean's 11 3-D Challenge



One last post before I leave.... what? I should be getting ready? I CAN'T.... there's a challenge still undone! LOL! I don't know what has happened to me but I am a woman DRIVEN by challenges! LOL

That said I did use a really simple technique this morning because seriously I am in a time crunch. The great new Blog group I joined (Ocean's 11... all the blogs are listed in my side bar near the bottom.... please check them all out... there is unbelievable talent there)...decided to do a challenge which we will take turns announcing. This week is our first challenge, issued by Chirleen, and I just couldn't miss the first one! LOL! Chirleen told us to do a 3-D card with a spring theme. I wanted to do a diarama card but just don't have the time for that, so I used this wonderful set from Romak by Ritva Rasmussen. I got this set from a wonderful stamp store about an hour from here. The images are already stamped and ready to punch out. You then pop them up using the Paper Tole technique. It couldn't have been quicker this morning. I do think I'll add some yellow stickles to the centers for a little more impact.

Here in NC we actually plant Pansies in the fall, because they can tolerate the winter, and then are fully blooming by spring. They don't make it through our hot summers here. My very best ever friend who lives in Maine LOVES Pansies, so when I saw this set I had to buy it for her.


I mounted my paper tole project on a Label One Die Cut from Nestabilities, and I lightly sponged the GPW with Certainly Celery. I mounted that on Purple Bazzill which I textured with the textile EF and my Cuttlebug. I mounted that on a white base which I also lightly sponged around the edges with Certainly Celery. I tied a Certainly Celery Ribbon at the top and it's done. Easy peasy, but packs a punch in impact! Hope you like my springy 3-D card! I will be back in about a week and a half... I will miss you all!

18 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Oh, my goodness! This is more than fabulous. What a work of exquisite art, Grace! It's absolutely breathtaking! The detail, girlfriend! Love those colors. This should be framed!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Oh Grace this is absolutely gorgeous! Marvelous colors and design. The paper toling give a wonderful accent to the flowers.
Hugs!

Stephanie said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL, I love how you colored you flowers...

Sabrina Jackson said...

Gorgeous, Grace!!! Those Pansies look like they are real. How did you do that?
Have fun on your trip.
Hugs and smiles, Sabrina

Saved By Grace said...

Grace this is absolutely breathtaking. The pansies look real. This should be framed. What a wonderful work of art.

Dell said...

Grace, you flowers make me want to pick & smell them! What a beautiful job you did pulling this card together.

Gina Lindsay said...

What a wonderful job you did with your flowers! You do a gret job with the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Every card you post Grace, becomes my new favourite. You have certainly outdone yourself on this one I love everything about it - from the layout to the colours. Beautiful job.

Kim said...

WOW, Grace! this card is absolutely lovely!! The colors look incredible together and the detail you put into it. I am always inspired by your work!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is stunning!! It makes me feel a little bit better that you were not cutting them out when you should have been packing!! How cool they punch out! Have a safe trip!

Kay said...

I can't believe this was an easy card to make! Nope, refusing to believe it. It is absolutely beautiful. I love every card you make - you have such talent!

laos348 said...

This is gorgeous! The colors are wonderful and the dimension gives the flowers a great look. Hope you have a great trip!

katiesniche said...

How beautiful! Prettiest card I've seen lately! My dad used to grow Pansies (in Maine), so that really brings me back. Great card for the challenge.

Holly said...

Gorgeous! I have no idea how to even begin with paper tole, but you have inspired me to consider trying it! This is lovely - well done with the challenge! Look forward to seeing more from you when you return!

Unknown said...

this is breathtaking Grace! i do not have anything else to say... just beautiful!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Beautiful card, Grace!

Mary said...

Pansies are my favorite flower and these are just beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

So glad you are back. I missed you. It was quiet. My pansies are actually blooming. They look super. Love this flower. It looks terrific. TFS