Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some Bunny Loves You Happy Hopper




Hello everyone!


I hope you are having a great Thursday! I'm fighting a bug and feel a bit yucky... but I did manage to get this card done.


This was for two challenges: WT211 on SCS, and the House Mouse Weekly Challenge to make a shaped card.... something not square or rectangular. I had this little happy hopper stamp and I thought it would look cute on a heart shaped card.


The Way To Use It Challenge was called Hot Metal, and required we use our Iron! I HATE my Iron!!! Yikes, and while it was out I felt compelled to iron all the clothes that were in need.... so it took me forever to get the card done! LOL! But the technique I used was really run and different.


First, I folded Pretty In Pink CS and used my Nesties to cut a heart shape, leaving one side just inside the cut line so the fold would stay intact. I considered making the heart upright with the hinge on the upper left side, but I liked this better. Since I don't care for the way the heart nesties nest, I cut another full sized heart out of GPW, and cut along the embossed line for a better nest. I then took a piece of wax paper and ran it through my cuttlebug with this flower folder. I made a sandwich of first a piece of scrap paper, then the wax paper, then the cs, then another piece of scrap paper. I pressed this with a hot iron. You have to be careful not to move the iron around to get more areas.... just lift and press where it's needed. Then, with a wax impression on the cs, I used my brayer to put on pink color and it's basically a resist technique. I loved the way it came out. The tutorial for how to do wax paper resist is on SCS under tutorials, and I first saw the idea to use the cb this morning in that challenge thread done by Deb Horst.


I stamped my happy hopper image on GPW with Archival jet black ink and then colored with Prisma Pencils and blended with Odor Free Mineral Spirits. I added Pretty in Pink Ribbon and some glitter from my Stardust Clear Glitter Gelly Roll Pen.
A fun little card today in soft pretty colors for a dark dreary day! Hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to play in the House Mouse Challenge, see the link on my sidebar! The more the merrier!


9 comments:

JazzyH said...

Cuddly

Sabrina Jackson said...

Gorgeous card as always, Grace!!! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well. Big cyber {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} your way and a speedy recovery, Sabrina

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Awwww...how sweet! Love the little bunnies! Hope you get feeling better soon! Hugs, Val

Carmen O. said...

This is gorgeous! I love the heart shape. Hope you feel better soon.

scrapperjulia said...

Love the heart shaped card.The image is so sweet and coloured perfectly!

Saved By Grace said...

What an adorable card as usual...I love bunnies and this one is too cute. The heart shape is so creative very nice.

laos348 said...

This is super cute!! I agree that I like the heart hinged the way you have it - the variety is nice. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick - hope you feel better soon.

Teresa said...

very cute card. I like the way you angled the heart.

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job, I can never think of anything to do with shaped cards, love yours.