Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 Red Bananas Favorite Animal and Sketch


Hi there! Thanks for stopping by today!
I made this card for two challenges: the sketch challenge on SCS and 2 Red Bananas "You're an Animal" challenge in which we were to use our favorite animal on our card. If you'd like to play along, click on the 2 Red Bananas Banner on my right side bar!
The sketch was a fun block layout and I used a Fiskars Texture plate that has the cutest little butterflies and flowers on it, which I thought were perfect for the little kitty chasing that butterfly image I was using. I ran GPW through the Big Shot with this texture plate but didn't feel the texture would show up in a photo, although irl it was very cute. At any rate, I ended up using my embossing stylus to add some depth to the embossed images and then outlined with a clear glitter gel pen.
My image is stamped with Memento Black ink and colored with Copics. Isn't this the cutest kitty? The stamp is from Rubber Stampede, and the little paw prints are from Hero Arts. I layered my image on basic black and ran my Yo Yo Yellow marker around the edge, clipping the corners with the ticket corner punch. My blocks are layered on YoYo Yellow and mounted on basic black base. I think it came out cute and I know just who is getting this!!!
Thanks for having a peek! Have a great day!!!

18 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace, oh my girl is this ever darling...I love the butterfly stamp in the bg and those cute little paw prints.. ADORABLE!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Love your pawprints and the butterfly in the background. It is so nice and clean and adorable!!
Hope you have a great day!!
Chris

Jeanette - said...

What a fun card! I love the texture and the cute little paw prints! Thanks for playing along in our challenge!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace:
Oh how very cure I love your card!
The kitty is so adorable with the little butterfly.the paw prints and tiny butterfly's in the background are also so very sweet. just one more of your cards that is just so wonderful. again you have a wonderful and special Gift from God.
God Bless you:
Hugs : )
♥♥♥
Dottie

PS: Yes I do know where your sister use to live. that is south Jersey. built up a lot over the yrs. also so sorry for your loss of your Sister.

Becky said...

I just love this, you put this together so well.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the colour.

zo mooi....
Hugs Riet.x

Shawne said...

How really cute!

Jami said...

This is so sweet Grace!! That kitty is just adorable, and I love that texture plate with the butterflies!! Beautiful!

Teresa said...

What a fun animal card. The colors are great and I love the extra paw prints you added.

Gina Lindsay said...

That texture plate was perfect to use with that image, I love it! I like the sparkle too.

Wendy said...

This is such a great card! I love the kitty image, and how you have the little pawprints on the bottom. Very cute.

JazzyH said...

I love the paw prints. very cute card!

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is cute. I see you used your paw print. I saw at HL when I was home that they had dp with BIG black paw prints. It wasn't little prints. I really like this texture plate. Super jog.

Tiya-B said...

this is too cure to be a cat card
( as a dog person i think your favorite should be a dog). your card designs are wonderful.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Beautiful card! I have a surprise for you, just click on the BR-T!BR-T

Sarah said...

SO cute...gorgeous card!

Stephanie said...

Grace, you did a great job coloring this little guy. I struggle coloring fur - it always seems like I do too much. Yours is just perfect :)

The Mama Monkey said...

That texture plate is awesome! I love your kitty and the paw prints below the image are a really neat touch! My DD would think this is purr-fect! She loves cats, too!