Monday, April 20, 2009

House Mouse Springtime Monday Challenge


Hello everyone! I feel like I have been gone for a month!!! I am totally exhausted to the point of hardly being able to put one foot in front of the other, but I'm thankful that I was able to help my daughter and son in law move into their own home. They are very happy to be out of their rental, and into their home. They have beautiful mountain views in every direction! I had a hard time prying myself from the windows!!! God is so good!!!
I really had a hard time getting back into stamping this afternoon for some reason.... I guess the long absence made me lose my mojo. I saw the House Mouse Monday challenge to use a Springtime theme, and that is what got me going.
I used my "Singing in the Rain" stamp by Stampabilities, stamped it in Archival Jet Black on Georgia Pacific White. I colored the image with Prisma Pencils and blended with Goo Gone... a trick shared with me by my in real life stamping friend, Dawn. It seems to slide over the GP paper a bit smoother than odor free mineral spirits.
Once I had the image colored I still wasn't quite feeling a great layout for it, but I kept thinking "umbrella".... but I don't have any umbrella images. I decided to try hand drawing one, and this is the result. I drew the umbrella on DP by Daisyd's. I love this pack of dp! I drew in the seam lines in pencil, then pierced them closely, and then doodled in faux stitching. I erased the pencil lines and drew a handle on a scrap of tan cs, cut it out and glued it behind the umbrella. I stamped the sentiment (Studio G) and matted it in the violet I used for my base (a textured cs from Walmart... unknown brand). I used my SU! slot punch to punch this panel, then "hung" it on the umbrella handle and mounted it on dimensionals. This little mouse has cast off her umbrella and is just enjoying every drop of spring rain!
My white panel is cuttlebugged with the bubbles embossing folder. I wanted to add ribbon but couldn't make it look uncluttered with it... so left it as is. I added Stickles to the Violet, the raindrops, and her little toenails. I know the night time photos never show the cards well, but I just wanted to post this tonight. I hope you enjoy it and thanks so much for taking the time to look and leave me a comment! It means ever so much!!!

23 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable Grace! He is just so happy and made me giggle. Great coloring and card.

Kay said...

Welcome back Grace! I've missed you and your wonderful creations like this cute little guy. Love the umbrella - I would never have known you drew it if you hadn't 'fessed up.

Crystal said...

Grace is this ever adorable!!! love the cute little umbrella!

Rachel said...

So cute... Love it!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty, I love the way your umbrella handle comes through the sentiment panel.

Unknown said...

"Singin' in the Rain" is so pretty! We've been doing a lot of this in St Louis lately! Glad you were able to help your daughter and SIL move...I've been helping our daughter, SIL, and 21 month old granddaughter for a month, as Emily is pregnant and very sick all the time. Hope to get back to the studio soon too! Blessings!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

America said...

Oh MY is this precious!! We both used the same HM stamp for this challenge. Isnt that great? your HM Spring card coloring is fantastic!! AND as adorable as can be!! Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F!!

Jennifer Scull said...

gosh, I just wanna belt out a tune right along with him! and how adorable is that umbrella you attached so cleverly?!!! :) love it!

Jeanette - said...

What fun colors and such a fun card! I love your umbrella and how you hooked it to the sentiment - very cool!

Dawn B. said...

I am hoping we don't get too much more rain. The lake is so high. Lots of happy fishers. Love this card Grace. Such pretty colors. Great umbrella. Supe rjob.

kat9 said...

Moving is a lot of work. I am sure they were glad for the help. I think this card is adorable. I love the HM image and you coloring is wonderful.

Valerie said...

Love this card it is so cute! Also love your cat Ricky. He looks like he "owns" his space!

~MudpieMouse said...

Wow! This card is fabulous. I love the umbrella (I would never have guessed you drew that by hand, Grace ... it's incredible and adds so much to the card) and the colors are perfect. The House-Mouse gang says "P-awesome creation!" Keep on stampin' on.

Carmen O. said...

Wow this is a fabulous work of art! I love the addition of the umbrella and how it hooks through the sentiment. The bubbles background is perfect for this. Beautiful work!

Dawn said...

Hi Grace
Love your card that is such a cute stamp.
Love your fur baby - he is so cute!!
I have two puss cats too!

Dawn

Stephanie said...

Just love this House Mouse image and how you incorporated the umbrella. Glad your back into the swing of things. I've been busy too and I know how hard it can be!

The Mama Monkey said...

I don't think you can ever lose your mojo! You were obviously born with it! This HM card is adorable! Love how the CB bg ties into the drop/dot theme!

Leah said...

Your card is so adorable and I love your hand drawn umbrella and the way you tucked it into the sentiment tag. So clever!

Jami said...

Oh Grace - this is brilliant!! I love this image - he just looks so happy. And your umbrella is so awesome - I love how it hangs off of the sentiment!!

Valerie said...

Oh soooo cute!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This sweetie makes me want to sing and dance in the rain:o) I love every fabulous detail, but your hand drawn umbrella is the show stopper!!! It is done so perfectly that I thought it was a die cut image...talk about mondo talent!!! I also love how you have it hanging from the sentiment. You have created the perfect spring card, and I LOVE IT!!!!

Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law!!! I wish them a lifetime of happiness in their new home!!! You are right, GOD is SOOOOO very good:o)

Thank you for playing along with us in this week's challenge!!! I look forward to admiring more of your beautiful and creative works in future challenges!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just darling