Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Praying for you with sympathy color challenge and Mojo Sketch



Today I used the color challenge from SCS which was to use Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, and Basic Grey. I also used Julee's Monday Mojo Sketch. See a link to her challenge in my right side bar and play along!


I need two sympathy cards this week and they are the hardest cards for me to make. These however are going to friends whose loved ones knew the Lord, and we have the assurance they are now resting in the arms of their Savior. No more pain and illness... just pure joy in Jesus! We miss our loved ones here and now, but how wonderful to know we will be reunited one day!


I used designer paper by SU!: Bella Rose, and SU! Rose Red. My grey is The Paper Co. and the white is Georgia Pacific. I stamped my sentments in Archival Jet Black and the K&Co butterfly in Rose Red. I stamped the butterfly twice and glued one down, then glued only the body on the second one, lifting the wings slightly. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch and a ribbon slot punch for my Rose Red Ribbon. I also added some silver Dew Drops for the side in two sizes, and in the small size for the butterfly trail.


My sentiments are: Sweet 'n Sassy (With Sympathy), Verve (Praying for you) and on the inside I used a sentiment from Verses Rubber Stamps. I stamped that sentiment right on the Bella Rose DP. I hope it will bring some comfort to my friends to know they are in my prayers!


Thank you for stopping by! I so appreciate it!

22 comments:

Saved By Grace said...

I love this card and sentiment...it is always difficult to find the right words to say. I think your sentiment is wonderful...thanks so much for sharing.

Kim said...

This card is beautiful. I love how you used rhinestones on the butterfly trail, but it also wrapped around the sentiment. I agree with you that sympathy cards are the hardest to make, but I am sure whoever receives this is going to appreciate it.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the butterfly.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Beautiful!

Crystal said...

Grace ! This is stunningly beautiful ! Love the butterfly and the scalloped border and all the embellies .

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Grace. This will be such a comfort for them. These cards are never easy to make.

Crystal said...

Awww Grace, I am sooo glad I came to check this one out on the blog cause the inside is soo perfect too!!! love love your cc card today!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Oh how very Beautiful your words are lovely, I was just trying order a sympathy card from another scrapper, but she was out, I just posted for prayers for a close friends family that Just passed away Friday. I will go sign your Guest book, You look like a loving lady, We have a Beautiful Granddaughter and her name Is Gracie.
God Bless you Grace your cards are just so lovely you have a special Gift that came from God.
Hugs: )
♥♥♥
Dottie

Gina Lindsay said...

Sorry you had to make these cards but you did a beautiful job. May your friends be comforted.

Joan Ervin said...

I'm so sorry you need to make sympathy cards, Grace, but your beautiful cards will bring such comfort to your friends!! You did a fabulous job with the challenge colors and I love the gorgeous butterfly!!!

Stephanie said...

What beautiful cards - so reflective of you, Grace. I love the dimension you added with the butterfly.

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the way the ribbon at the bottom loops under the paper to make room for your sentiment!

laos348 said...

You made such elegant cards for a tough time. Sympathy cards are definitely probably one of the most difficult but yours are lovely. The dimension on the butterfly is fantastic.

Dawn B. said...

Great job Grace. I love this layout. It is perfect for a sympathy card. I am still trying to recover. Can't seem to shake this bug. I even cancelled my shirt painting stint. Didn't want to give it to the kiddies. Sympathy is a difficult card to make. Love this inside and out.

Kay said...

I think everyone agrees that sympathy cards are the hardest to make. It's so hard to strike the right note, but this card is just right and I'm sure your friends will feel the love behind it. Beautiful, heartfelt work.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is a gorgeous card. I agree, sympathy cards are so difficult. You did a fabulous job and I am sure it will bring a moment of peace to the recipient.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely beautiful inside and out Grace!!!! Love the sentiment. It is so comforting!! Your soft colors and butterflies are so soothing. I agree that sympathy cards are difficult but you did a beautiful job!! I am sure the recipient will appreciate it!
blessings
Chris

Jami said...

So beautiful!! These are sure to offer comfort in a difficult time. That butterfly is gorgeous.

Tiffany said...

so beautiful!!

katiesniche said...

Very beautiful Sympathy card. I really like the colors and the rhinestones.

Unknown said...

how pretty! i love the colors and the butterfly looks great. i like how you used dsp for the inside sentiment.