Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet House Mouse Birthday


Hello everyone!
Today's color challenge on SCS was Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue and So Saffron. These were perfect colors for me to use with this sweet House Mouse image for the Monday HM challenge #32. The HM challenge was to use the theme of sweet.... it could be a sweet image, the word sweet... or anything else that had to do with "sweet". I used this cute Stampabilities image of the mice popping corn over the birthday candles. I thought it was sweet in itself, but just in case (LOL) I added a "sweet" sentiment from Studio G.
These colors are soooo pretty together! I used my SU! Delicate Dots DP. I thought the So Saffron pattern almost looked like popped corn!
My image is stamped with Archival Jet Black and then colored with a combination of Prisma Pencils, blended with goo gone, and SU! markers, colored wet on wet with a paint brush. The most difficult part was that this image is smaller than many of my HM stamps so the coloring was a bit harder to see!!! (I really do need new glasses badly...lol)
My accesories are pretty simple... bashful blue and so saffron ribbons, tied with a silver cord, and clear glitter added with Stardust clear glitter gel pen. This card is going in the mail right away. I got behind trying to make Easter cards and almost let an important birthday slip by!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the visit and come back again soon!
Grace

15 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is such a fun card. I love those colors together and they sure do work perfect for this fun little image. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Carmen O. said...

What a cute card! It's so great that you were able to fulfill two challenges with it. Your round tag with sentiment is perfect.

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Grace,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

peggysue said...

I don't think you could make a card anything less than sweet. Very cute image and I didn't even tackle the color challenge because I couldn't think of anything, this is perfect for it.

scrapperjulia said...

This is a really cute card, love the colors!

Crystal said...

Grace ...just found your blog . Adorable card... enjoyed scrolling down to see your creations ...love your blog title and layout ! Great job . So nice to see another Christian sister too !

Anonymous said...

What a fun image Grace. The colours work perfectly together and I love how you incorporated the ribbon.

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is so sweet and just darling. Great layout and colors.

JazzyH said...

That mouse is so darn cute!

Heather said...

What a gorgeous card Grace. Fantastic layout, colours and papers. What an adorable fabulously coloured image.
Thanks for joining us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Mary said...

I just got this stamp myself - love it! And I participated in my first House Mouse challenge too ....these are some of my favorite stamps! Good job!

Judy said...

Adorable card. One of my favorite House Mouse images. I like that you made the frosting chocolate. Love your layout and colors.

katiesniche said...

I love this color combo! Such a pretty card.

Jennifer Scull said...

what an adorable stamp! and such a cute sentiment to pair with it! great take on the challenge! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

That DSP is just perfect for use with House Mouse images!!! I love it!