Monday, May 25, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock Hinge Card... ODBD Sneak Peek!




Hello everyone!


If you couldn't tell from my earlier post this morning... I'm sooooo excited to be Guest Designing for Our Daily Bread Designs for the next two months!


Today's SCS Technique Lover's Challenge was to make a hinge card. Check out TLC222 for a great video by Wendy and to see all the great cards made for this fun and fast technique! When I saw the challenge I just knew I had to use this new image from Our Daily Bread Designs. This is a sneak Peek at one of the sets to be released June first at the ODBD Store. It's called "Ask, Seek, Knock". What a great set!
I am soooo in love with ODBD stamps! They stamp beautifully! I love all the Scriptures and Faith based sentiments too!

This also fits the day's challenge at CCEE... to use two designer papers and a brad. The ribbon is optional.

For this card I changed up the directions just a tad. I made my card 5 1/4" square and adjusted all the layers to that. I also added a white panel to the back since my base was black... the back is where you would write your message to the recipient.
I stamped the image on Aquarello 140 lb. Watercolor Paper and did a wet on wet wash using inks and SU! Markers. The colors I used are Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and More Mustard. I sponged around the edges of the sentiment with TH Distress Ink Old Linen. I cut my sentiment panel with my Nesties Scalloped Rectanges, and matted thinly with Black Basics by Bazzill. The "hinge" is a bronze Brad, and I used a Martha Stewart Edge Punch for the trellis looking edge. The scrolls are QuicKutz. The leaf ribbon is from my Local Stamp Store. I used a Glitter Gel Pen for the door's hardware. The photo does not show the glimmer but irl it's there. While this is a simple card I do love how it came out! It's super quick to make and I hope you'll give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Memorial Day to all my US freinds!

27 comments:

Cassie said...

Grace, this is brilliant! What a beautiful card, and congrats again! ;D

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Becky said...

I just love this,it is so creative. I am going to get this stamp set when it comes out :), I do not own any of their stamps, this will be my first,

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Happy Memorial Day Grace:
Wow all of you wonder ladies have posted such beautiful card's. today!
I also posted way early today no yesterday. I was looking for cards with the AMERICAN Flag and the reds whites and Blues. maybe for the 4th of July I will see that type. but any way your card is beautiful. have a wonderful day got to run My Gracie is here now.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Jennifer said...

Lovely card. I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I came upon it and really enjoyed browsing! I love the Lord too! So nice to see others using their talents for Him!

Blessings,
Jennifer

Lovely Linda said...

COngratlations Grace - no wonder they have you as a Guest Designer - who wouldn't want you aboard!!! Love this card and this set...A hinged cards really suits this perfectly!!! Ccngratulations anf God bless you my friend!

The Mama Monkey said...

Congrats on the extension! It is well deserved! This gate card is perfect...love the image and the coloring! Those flourishes are a perfect addition!

Diane Noble said...

Oh, this is just beautiful, Grace! Exquisite! I love the Old World charm of the door and that scripture is so powerful. Love your layout and coloring. That set is a definite must have! Love what you have done with it. Excited to see more of your sneak peeks!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is gorgeous!!!! I love how you have the vine going around the door! Just beautiful!

Dell said...

What a neat card Grace! I love the images and the name fits perfectly.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!!! I love your hinged card!! So glad you are a part of the bread basket! Hope you had a great holiday!
blessings,
Chris

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, love it.

StampOwl said...

wow great job!

Kathy Jones said...

***THUD*** Oh MY!!! Grace this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

JazzyH said...

That is Great!!!!! You have inspired me to do this card.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh my goodness, Gracie-girl! This is such a spectacular hinge card; absolutely beautiful!! I love how the sentiment is revealed when you "open the door." Congrats on your well-deserved guest designer spot for ODBD!

LeAnne said...

Just stunning....what a great use of this type of card! Love the image and sentiment, of course!

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Everything about it is great. Looking forward to seeing more!

Kim said...

Grace, this card is stunning! Beyond gorgeous! Btw, I have given you a blog award!

peggysue said...

This is beyond gorgeous! I am so impressed with your coloring job and the layout, your interpretation of the technique. Congratulations on being selected as a guest designer for ODBD. Your talents make you such an obvious candidate for selection, hurray for you and hurray for the company, they're going to get a lot of benefit out of your talents being displayed on their behalf.

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous---love your card and congrats on your guest dt spot---they are lucky to have you!!!

Lorelie Kim said...

I love what you did here!!! Love the vine over the archway and the flourish beneath it! Your coloring is also brilliant!!

laos348 said...

What awesome stamps to use for this technique - gorgeous card!

Mothermark said...

It's me! I am just late in getting here! This card is awesome. I love the black contrasting on the green. Its very striking and classy looking. I am happy to played with us!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, what an amazing card. I love that door stamp, the verse is perfect to use here.

Laurie Wilson said...

Beautiful! Wow, I am loving this old door, and how you did the vine over it is perfect! Gorgeous! And congratulations!

katiesniche said...

Congrats to you! That's exciting!! You certainly deserve it with the beautiful work you do.
I love this card! It really struck my eye! Great coloring and love the hinge!