Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Praying for You



Hello everyone!


I finally got to play in an SCS Challenge today! Roxi picked a great sketch today and I had purchased this image several weeks ago and had not gotten to use it yet. When I saw the sketch, I knew today was the day!


I only wish I could have gotten a better photo of it! It's raining and even with my Ott light I'm not capturing this picture well. Sorry... if you have any great secrets, please let me know!


This tree image is from Memory Box, as is the DP. The DP is from a pack called Brandywine. I am in love with these new Memory Box 6 x 6 packs! I have almost all of them now!


The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps and is stamped onto Aquarello Watercolor paper, punched with the SU! Word Punch and to make the mat for it I used my "ancient" Magic Matter. It basically is a set of little circles that have a hole in the middle for your pencil, and a groove on the side for your cs. You hug it to the original shape and trace a line at whatever size you choose, then hand cut it out. It's what we used back in the days before all these new wonderful tools because available like Nesties, die cuts of all sorts, etc. Anyhoo... the card went together quickly. I used a green sheet of dp from the same pack and ran it through the bug with the floral screen folder, punched the one edge of the mat for my main image with a Martha Stewart Punch, and matted everything in Mellow Moss.


The main image is stamped with Archival Jet Black onto Watercolor Paper and watercolored using ink in the lids and a couple of SU! Markers. The photo doesn't show it but the little birds do have pinkish breasts... like bluebirds do... but they are tiny and I guess the photo just can't pick that up. Also, there are Cotton Candy Stickles on the flowers in the tree. The ribbon is the slipperiest sheer I've ever worked with! LOL! I fiddled with this for too long. I think I need to order one of Sharon's perfect bow makers!!!


Well... I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!


Please remember that tomorrow is the National Day of Prayer! There will be many places where you can go to join with others in prayer and if there ever was a need for prayer for our country and the world around us.... it is now!!! Many Churches will have prayer rooms open, prayer meetings scheduled, even 24 hour opportunities for you to join in corporate prayer. I urge you to spend some time on your knees tomorrow! God is in His Holy Temple and He longs for us to come to Him in Prayer... He's reaching down to us... will you reach up to Him?


13 comments:

thinker said...

Grace, what a beautiful card! I just love how very springy it is!!! and thanks for the reminder for tomorrow... I will join you in praying for your country & mine

Riet said...

Wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Gloria Dojlido said...

Beautifully done Grace!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!!! Love the dp with the stamp you used! Thanks for the reminder about prayer day!

thinker said...

Thanks so much Grace for stopping by and 'walking with me...' for a bit. Thank you for affirming my thoughts - that I don't need to know today what God wants me to be doing years down the road and that above all, it is all about serving Him today with where He has placed us!

thinker said...

Thanks so much Grace for stopping by and 'walking with me...' for a bit. Thank you for affirming my thoughts - that I don't need to know today what God wants me to be doing years down the road and that above all, it is all about serving Him today with where He has placed us!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, this card is stunning...I have that DP from Flourishes and love it - you have inspired me to use it!! Your cards are always so lovely, works of art! I love to see you using your 'God given gift' in such a beautiful way and sharing it with us!!! Thank you Grace - God bless you...you are a shining light!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Crystal said...

WOW this is stunning, love your take on the sketch today, i haven't been around all day, glad I didn't miss your card..!!! beautiful work!!

Gina Lindsay said...

I bought this paper pack too, I love the colors of your card. I have just recently discovered this company. Very nice job.

Diane Noble said...

Just gorgeous, girlfriend! Love the way you can "throw" a card together. You have so much talent, and a wonderful eye for style and color...plus you're just a sweetie. Just stopped in to feast on your eye candy. It's always sweet.

peggysue said...

This is so lovely Grace. I like the use of the MS punch and the color scheme. Great reminder about tomorrow too, we'll be praying together even though the miles separate us.

NinaB said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments, Grace. I have some new stamp designs to be released later this month through another company. It's been difficult not to share all the news yet ;-).

JazzyH said...

Beautiful! Everything works great.