Friday, May 15, 2009

Sailing the East Coast


























Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

I made this with my new Clear Dollar May release set "Smooth Sailing". I had a blast playing with this set and there are so many fun little pieces to it I've yet to use! You can find it at the Clear Dollar Store. I also made it for today's SCS Limited Supply, though I didn't add the charms until later so that it would qualify for only one embellishment... the shells.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Smooth Sailing
Cardstock and Paper: Bazzill Textured, K&Co (East Coast), My Mind's Eye (Playground Stripes) Aquarello H2O
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Close To cocoa, Archival Jet Black
Tools,Accessories and Embellishments: SU! Hemp, Naturals 10 lb. hemp, Naturals shells, Brass Charms from Clear Dollar Stamps, Nestabilities Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, SU! Punch, Brass Brads unknown

I stamped the sail boat with Archival onto H2O paper and did a light wet on wet watercolor using inks in the lids. I then coated it in one coat of Mod Podge for a bit of texture and to give it a little more sheen than the background. I used a piece of corrugated cardboard I had saved from a candle gift... it is so "kraft" looking and I loved it. It made me think of the piers at the beach. I tried my hand at sewing for this one... had to unclog my machine from the tension problem it had after doing some upholstering. It's still not perfect but short of taking it in for service it's as close as I can get. Anyway.... I've been resisting sewing because I knew my machine was messed up so I challenged myself to try it. I'm not the perfect sewer... that's for sure! LOL!

I love this new set! I have so many ideas running through my head for this and I think it will be a great guy stamp and great for the summer cards.

Thanks for taking a peek! Have a blessed weekend!

15 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Gracie:
Love your Card it is just so very lovely. love the boat and everything about it . just another one of your creations and it just shows you have such talent!
God Bless
Hugs :o)
♥♥♥
Dottie
Also : Just want to let you know I too have a give away @http://holidayfloralpieces.blogspot.com/

{And Thanks so much for your concerns Yes I am feeling a little better.}

Neusinha said...

I love your blog and your music and your work. God bless!

Neusinha said...

I am a child of the King, too!

Neusinha said...

I Appended you in my blog.
http:neusinhafusco.blogspot.com

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

Grace this is absolutely gorgeous, love love that image and your layout

Becky said...

Grace you did an awesome job,this is fabulous.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my goodness, this is just too stunning!!! Love all of the detail! Gorgeous! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Diane Noble said...

Grace, this is a beautiful use of the stamp set. I love what you've done. The detail, dimension and colors are all just outstanding. I love your artwork! Know CDS ladies are loving you!

Neusinha said...

Dear friend and sister in Christ Jesus, I do not know very well the English, use the google translator. I apologize,. The important thing is meeting people like you, even if the language is a factor of difficulty, God will help us in better translation.
I love, love,love your job!

Stacy Morgan said...

TOtally cool! I love the charms, soft colors and your layout. I might have to use some of these elements with a card and the boat. hee hee :0) Wonderful card.

Kay said...

I love this card! All the elements in it really make you think of the ocean and the beach. Great job!

katiesniche said...

Oh Grace I love this card!
I've always been fortunate enough to live on the coast. My hubby is in the US Navy, so I'm partial to it there as well ;) and now my new son has his room in a nautical theme.
This card is just so perfect. I love all the details. Beautiful work.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is one of my favorites of yours! Love the colors and the sailing embellies!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Another awesome creation! You are dominating this set! Love the dp and all of your little details!!!
Have a blessed day!
Angella