Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock in BasicGrey

Hello everyone and happy weekend!

Today I have another sample to show you of the newly released set called Ask, Seek, Knock. It is available now at the Our Daily Bread Designs Store.

There have been so many fun ways to use these new sets and I've had fun just playing with them! For this card I used Bazzill Basics Textured Black for my base, layered with BasicGrey Scarlet's Letter, then a gray BG which I ran through the bug, then more black and finally the sentiment panel is on GPW. I stamped the door image with Memento London Fog, then overstamped the sentiment with Stampabilities Black Pigment Ink and clear embossed. I love how the embossing stands out against the London Fog door in real life. Sorry it doesn't show in the photo. Since London Fog has a hint of greenish gray in it, I sponged it on the gray colors in my BasicGrey which really made them look great together. I also rubbed my cb folder with ink before running it through the bug. I tore the edges of the image panel and sponged London Fog on them as well. The Scrolls are QuicKutz. The yummy velvet ribbon and flower are both Prima. You can find Primas at the ODBD store as well.

Isn't this a wonderful verse from Matt. 7:7? What a comfort to know that seekers can find!

I hope you have a blessed weekend and thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is just gorgeous, Grace! I love that pop of color!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Good Morning Grace:
This is just lovely the saying is so very true.I am sure you dad would be very proud of you with the scraping you do.

~God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is beautiful!!! Love the colors and the scripture is wonderful!!! Lovely card!!! Blessings to you!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

RosesMarijke said...

I love your cards!!
And the colors are so beautiful!
Greetings Marijke

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous card - Grace!!!
Love the CB BG - it looks like brick - LOL - well done!!! All your added elements are just perfect!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lorelie Kim said...

Love how the red just pops everything out!! LOVE this!!

Kelley said...

Very cool! Love those colors and the bright flower with it!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Grace!!!! What a stunnigly beautiful card you've created here. GORGEOUS!!!! Have a blessed weekend, Sabrina

Crystal said...

What a beautiful card Grace WOW!! love the design and colors!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Another wonderful card with this stamp set. A wonderful promice from God!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. You chose the perfect color combination. The pop of deep red really adds alot to your design. Have a great weekend....Hugs

peggysue said...

This is lovely Grace! I like that bit of red. You are doing a knock out job with this set.

Stephanie said...

OMGOODNESS!! I just love that velvet ribbon and flower - I'm heading over to ODBD right now to check them out. They look so fantastic on your card, with this color scheme :)

Becky said...

This is lovely..I just love the details you put in to your cards, and that ribbon is divine. And yes that is a awesome verse.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Stunning!! Absolutely stunning!! LOVE the colors and textures with a splash of red!! WOW!!

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful sentiment and delicious pop of colour Grace. Have a blessed weekend. :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Totally gorgeous, Grace!!! I love the gray cb layer and the red velvet and flower are such an awesome contrast! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Grace. I love the black/white/grey combination with that punch of red.

Diane Noble said...

This is just beautiful, Grace. Love the color scheme here...the red flower really pops. Just a wonderful verse and a gorgeous way to showcase it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! Love the gray with the pop of color! gorgeous!
blessings,
Chris

The Mama Monkey said...

This is just beautiful! I love the red in there!