Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Award from Krystal and ten honest facts


Krystal gave me this award. Thank you Krystal! Your sweetness inspires me so much! Please be sure to visit her fabulous blog for lots of inspiration and pure sugar!

There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows:

1. I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link and

2. I must list 10 honest things about myself .

Well.... let me think:

1. I have been married going on 38 years to a wonderfully supportive husband who supports me in this incredibly expensive hobby! He is a dear through and through!

2. We have moved 18 times since we got married.

3. We spent our honeymoon camping on our way from NY to TX where we were going to finish our last three years of college together. What I learned: Tent camping in Aug. is NOT the best way to spend a honeymoon! LOL! We were broke students and didn't have enough for much else and didn't really care then.... Sometimes we think back on those days of having nothing but love and remember them with happy memories! There is something to be said for the "simple life"!

4. I am a PK (Pastor's Kid).

5. I accepted Christ as my personal Savior at the age of six.

7. I have one sweet daughter and two fantastic grandkids. Nathan is 11 and Lauren is 8.

8. They recently moved to the mountains of TN... just 2 hours from here and that is the closest I've been to them in the 12 years our daughter has been married. I'm so enjoying being able to visit on a whim!

9. We live in NC now and have been here for 10 years, which is the longest we have lived anywhere!

10. We love boating, fishing, bird watching, and of course I love all sorts of crafts... most especially paper crafts

Now I will pass this award on to: Becky, Barbara, Angie and Dottie.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you Grace for this award :). You are so sweet to think about me. I will get this up this weekend.

Lovely Linda said...

Congratulationd Grace on this Award - so well deserved....you are a blessing to so many! God bless you Grace!

NinaB said...

That was so fun to read more about you, Grace. Congratulations on being married 38 years and I'm glad your grandkids are only 2 hours away. We found out as missionaries, it's more of a sacrifice for the grandparents being away from the kids than it is for us.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wow, Grace congrats on your award and thank you for giving it to me! I am honored! I will think about this and pass it along.
Hugs!

Holly said...

Congratulations on this award - and it was fun to read some more about you! I agree with an above poster on how wonderful it is to have your grandkids *fairly* close. I know my parents would love to be closer to their grandchildren just so they can enjoy all those "moments"!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great to learn more about you! I am happy for you (and them) that your grandchildren live closer to you.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Thanks so much, Grace! You're right, this IS fun! Loved hearing your honesty tidbits!!! I will pass this along when I get back from vacation!!! God Bless!