Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Streams of Living Water

Hello everyone! I know I'm posting late tonight but I had a full day. Had my eye exam today and it took forever for my vision to come back right to where I felt like stamping. Anyway... the sketch challenge on SCS is my favorite sketch so I really did want to play, and I had this idea I wanted to try with this Our Daily Bread Designs set, Quiet Waters. It is available now at the Our Daily Bread Designs Store... it's a new release for June. I just love the verses included in this set and the scene is so fun to color. For this one I used a wet on wet watercolor but kept it pretty simple so that I could add the Flower Soft for texture. Flower Soft also is sold at the ODBD Store.

I stared my card with a basic black base, added a layer of brushed gold from The Paper Co. which I ran through the Big Shot with a Fiskar's Texture plate. My sentiment and image are stamped on watercolor paper with Archival Jet Black Ink. The watercolor is done with ink in the lids and some markers. I added some piercing at the bottom of the panels with a Nesties Edgeability template. The flowersoft I used is Shamrock Green for the trees and Spring mix for the flowers. Ribbon and bling finished it off.... pretty simple but I like it irl. I'm so loving these sets!

Thanks for looking!!! Have a blessed night!

19 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace, I am so loving what you are doing with this set - this is fabulous - love the way you have used the Sketch Challenge - just gorgeous!! Your colouring is so crisp - the paper piercing is divine and addes to much - I love the Fiskar Plates....all works together one DIVINE card Grace!! God bless you Grace...you are amazing!!!

Riet said...

Wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

jami said...

Stunning! That Gold and black is so dramatic and makes a beautiful frame for this wonderfully colored image!!

Becky said...

Grace this is gorgeous. I love the image and love how you paneled this.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Beautiful card Grace! Love the sketch and the pretty embossed gold paper!

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is so elegant with the black and gold. Beautifully colored, too!!! Wonderful scripture card!!! Blessings to you!!!

kat9 said...

Nice new look...or at least your blog looks different since I have visited. This stamp set is great. I like all the cards, I looked back. wonderful job.

Cassie said...

Wow, Grace, you are so gifted! This is such a neat take on this sketch. Great watercoloring, and that flower soft is such a great touch! Just beautiful ;D

Crystal said...

WOW Grace this is wonderful, I just LOVE that dp and your scene is stunning!! Love all the details...beautiful work!!

Kelley said...

A very striking card! Love that Flower Soft on the trees!

Crystal said...

Another gorgeous card ! WOW ! Dear friend, I've left a little award for you on my blog. {hugs!}

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely stunning Grace!! Love the embossed gold!! And your sentiment panel over your beautifully colored scene is just so striking!! Gorgeous!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love what you have done with the sketch!! Beautiful coloring! Love the gold and the flowersoft in the trees!

Stephanie said...

Grace,
What a beautiful card (again!!!) - I love that image - it seems that the layout is perfect for it, so good job on the choice!! Great idea with the flowersoft :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Grace this is rich, beautiful and great three panels!

laos348 said...

Another gorgeous card! The scene you created is beautiful and I like the use of the flower soft - adds some cool texture to the whole picture.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - simply gorgeous - Grace!!! I can tell you are loving this Set :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful job with the sketch!! I love the gold!

Angella D. Crockett said...

wow, this is fantastic! I love how you made this scene into the SC!!! Gorgeous coloring and LOVE the Flower Soft!!!