Friday, July 24, 2009

Grow in Grace Next Level Sketch


Hello everyone! This is a card I made in the late night hours after the kids were in bed for the Next Level Sketch Challenge. I later found out that the girls are not going to be able to keep The Next Level going but I made it so I'll show it! I used two Our Daily Bread design sets: Sing to the Lord, and Grow in Grace which is one of the new July release sets. These two sets are my favorite sets!

I used my Nesties Blossom and Circle for my sketch elements, and Memory Box DP. I ran the green dp through the cuttlebug with the leafy branch ef and then painted the leaves with Shimmerz. I stamped my bird image from Sing to the Lord onto Watercolor paper, water colored and then cut out and popped up on dimensionals. I used Blush Blossom to sponge around my white circle and the Nesties Tag Trio on which I stamped the sentiment from Grow in Grace. I added Prima Flowers and painted all the flowers with Shimmerz in Angel Wings. Love Shimmer!!! Some ribbon and Hero Arts Pearls complete the card! A fun one and the first stamping I've done all week! Everything else was done before my Grand kids came because I knew I would be too busy to stamp much!

Thanks for taking a peek! Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning!! I love this card, everythign about it!! HOW DO YOU DO IT!?! The colours are just so feminine and soft, get vibrant!! That image is adorable (I love birds) and the sentiment perfect!! God bless you Grace, your cards are 'works of heart' and do my heart good!! {{{hugs}}}

Crystal said...

Grace this is beautiful, love this layout!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely beautiful Grace!!! As always you managed to put together a beautiful, elegant card!!! Your cutting and colouring is fabulous!!

Kelley said...

Fabulous, Grace! Aren't you glad I named the set after you?

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Grace! I just love this! So so beautiful!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous Grace! I love your colors. They just remind me of the new life in Spring.

Stephanie said...

Grace - I love the Blossom nestie & how you used it!! Also love how you doubled up the ribbon then added the bow! Wonderful!!

Hope your enjoying those grandkids :)

Traci M said...

Your card today is lovely in all ways, and a fabulous sketch to showcase these two stamp sets...I love birds too, and this one is so detailed!! Thanks for posting your card, Grace!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So lovely and beautiful!

peggysue said...

I don't know what the next level is, but you always take your cards to levels of beauty that are just jaw dropping. This is no exception.

Becky said...

Never heard of the next level, but it looks like they should have stayed with it, this is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Grace. You do such an amazing job at layering.