Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lotus and Butterflies

Hello! Thanks for taking a look at my card today! This card is for Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays Challenge, which this week is to use Shimmerz or any sort of shimmer.... well I sure used the Shimmerz on this one!

I made this one with the July Released Mother Teresa set from Our Daily Bread designs. I just love coloring this beautiful bloom! I stamped it on 140 lb Watercolor paper by Aquarello. I watercolored with Mellow Moss, Bordering blue, Apricot Appeal and Soft Sky. I only tipped the petals with Apricot Appeal, then painted the petals with Shimmerz Angel wings, and the Stamen with Candlelight shimmerz. I added swirls of Shimmerz Angel Wings to the water and around the outside of my Nestabilities blossom die cut. It really gives it a great shimmer!

My corner treatments are made using GPWhite, embossing the Nellie Snellen design (Kars & Co) by running it through my big shot. I Painted the whole thing with Candlelight Shimmerz and it makes it look like I used some great shimmery paper. I then cut along the edge of the design and did that twice.

My card base is a pale yellow textured Bazzill card stock. I matted with Mellow Moss, and then BasicGrey Wisteria. This dp is just yummy! It actually served as the inspiration for this whole card. The flowers remind me of Lotus or Waterlilies... and the pale yellow design is a butterfly pattern. I matted my main image on another Nesty Blossom in Mellow Moss, and finished with Memory Box Pearls and tiny ribbon from Target.

Hope you enjoyed my samples of July's ODBD sets. I can hardly believe my two months as Guest Designer are almost over! I had a blast doing this and can honestly say I absolutely adore these stamps! Thank you Kelley and Judy for giving me this opportunity!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - another ODB card that is gorgeous - what a fabuloous Guest DT you have been for ODB - your work is fabulous and always so crisp and has such attention to detail! Grace I love this card with all the shimmer, but not too much - your balance with it makes this card stunning! God bless you my friend - thank you for sharing and always inspiring!

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful Grace, the shimmer is wonderful and I love the corner treatments. Just beautiful. do you get tired of hearing me say that? lol

Judy Rozema said...

Grace, this is so beautiful! We have thoroughly enjoyed having you with us these last two months!! What a talented and gifted stamper you are!

Laurie said...

Oh, Grace, this is stunning! What a beautiful card...sure to bless the recepient. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Becky said...

Grace this is just stunning! I love those corner pieces.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

peggysue said...

Grace this is just gorgeous! You have such a beautiful style and balance all of your elements so well.

Stephanie said...

Hi Grace - I just love the painted corners!!! ODBD has been SOOOOOO fortunate to have you as a guest designer. It very evident how much love goes into each and every one of your cards. We, your readers, are so fortunate to get to see that :)

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful Grace! I love the corners! The shimmer is a fabulous touch as well!

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is so gorgeous Grace! I love the beautiful corners along with the lotus...just precious!

Kelley said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Wowzers!! I am almost speechless!

Karen W said...

Love it and I sent you a PM asking some questions about the corners, they are also stunning.

JazzyH said...

Great card! I love the corners!

thinker said...

oh... another BEAUTIFUL card - I especially was drawn to the painted corners!!! They remind me of the satin on my satin wedding dress :) and the pearls .. a perfect finish to a gorgeous card!!

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is so beautiful!!! Wonderful colors and design!!! Lovely card!!!!

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is beautiful. I love all the shimmer. Hope you are having fun.. I thought I was a follower but am going to join again because I am not getting your updates.

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely STUNNING Grace!!!! I love the sheer elegance of this card and the shimmer is wonderful!!! I can't believe the 2months are up already either!!

Cat said...

Grace, this card is gorgeous! The Shimmerz adds the perfect touch!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Omigosh, is this ever gorgeous, Grace! Love the pretty blue and the corner treatments!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Wow! Great card, Grace!! tfs

Diane Noble said...

Love those stunning corners. I'm getting so inspired here!

Kim said...

Wow, Grace! This is so beautiful!! So fresh and serene! Love IT!