Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mojo 94 Fishers of Men

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend! I'm just starting a busy week! Our DVBS starts tonight, and we have another 5 tons of rip rap to put on our bank! (That's on top of the 7 tons we already put down and of course we still need about 20 more!)

Today my hubby was away at a re-enactment, and I played a bit in my craft room. I needed a masculine card and decided to use this week's Mojo Sketch. I tweeked it to be a 5 1/2" square card. I used a great Our Daily Bread Set called Fishers of Men. It's great for guy cards!

I started with a Bazzill Textured base and used two different DPs from The Paper Patch. The dark green is from my stash and is unknown. The image is stamped on Very Vanilla with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I used my Creative Memories Circle Punches and a Nestability Label 3 for my little round element. The green panels are run through the CB for texture. I cut my image out and mounted on the checked panel... I thought it sort of looked like a blanket stretched out to hold all the fishing gear. I used various glitter pens for metal parts like the rods and reels, and the fishing hooks. The photo doesn't show it... sorry. I used Magic Mesh for the one strip instead of ribbon... it is a guy card after all! The little fish is actually a button that I cut the loop off of. I popped that panel up on dimensionals.

Thats about it... simple and done! Thanks for looking! I love reading your comments!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Stephanie said...

A great card for guys, Grace! The DP is perfect with this set :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Grace! I LOVE this card! My Dad would love it. You have inspired me! I love the mesh ribbon and the fish button. Your coloring is outstanding! I can see the glitter on the fishing pole when I click on the picture to enlarge it. The whole card really gels together. Hey, guess what? You were right--I finally got on a design team! I am so excited! It's called Jazzy Inspirations. It's a really fun blog. Have a great day and thanks for your positive attitude!
Hugs,
Jennifer

Riet said...

Ohhhh Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kay said...

Such a beautiful card but totally masculine at the same time. Love it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I just love this set I should of gotten it long ago. Great masculine card Grace.

Dawn B. said...

Great card Grace. This is the perfect set for masculine. I love the fish in the background. Hope your weekend went well.

Silke Ledlow said...

Wonderful masculine card!!! You rocked the Mojo Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Juls said...

great card for the chaps! P.S I love the name of your blog!

Kathy Jones said...

Another STUNNING card Grace!!!! The BG paper, the embossing, beautifully coloured and cut image - it's all stunning!!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful! Very pretty!

Connie M. said...

Oh Grace! This is wonderful! Such a great masculine card...and you totally rocked this sketch!!

peggysue said...

What great BG paper Grace! My DH is a fisherman and he would like this as well. I like the touch of mesh, great addition. YOu use your supplies so well.

laos348 said...

So pretty - I really like the layout of this one.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card and i love the name of your site

Holly said...

Grace, this is just wonderful! My dad would love it, but I think my grandfather would have really been taken by it (he was an avid fisherman!) He once lost his dentures while fishing, but it didn't slow him down. We always joked that some fish in one of the Minnesota great lakes is swimming around with a great set of teeth!

Kelley said...

Holly's comment was so funny!! Great card! My dad owns a boat and I made him a card last yeat with this set. What is re-enactment?

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
Sorry I have not been by sooner have a room being added on so not on the PC much.
the cards are lovely but you always do a wonderful job.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Becky said...

What a great male card, I love everything about this, the dp, the embossing, just a great card.

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is a wonderful manly card. Love this set. Great detailing and patterns!!! Blessings to you and yours!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace. Love your dp and coloring! Gorgeous design! So many fab details!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Very handsome Grace! I really like the checked pieces, as well as your layers and coloring!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is so awesome!!! Love the dp, love the button, love the whole thing!!