Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Daily Bread Designs Release Day Blog Hop!


Happy July everyone!!!

Today is a big day at Our Daily Bread Designs! It is the day five new sets/singles are being released, and it's Blog Hop Day! The Hop officially begins at 9:00am CT. There is fantastic Blog Candy along the way... three different places in fact, so if you haven't already, start at the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog and hop from there, and good luck everyone!!! Please read to the bottom as there is more info below and a big DT call!!!

Today's card is a Design Team Challenge, which was a Color Challenge. Our Daily Bread Designs has started carrying fantastic Ink Pads, and this month we were to choose three colors of Inks, not knowing what the sets would be, but knowing that our color challenge would be to use those three colors today. I chose Steel Blue, Olive and Terra Cotta.

So today I used the new set "Mother Teresa" for the Lotus Blossom on the front of my card. It is the flower of India where Mother Teresa lovingly served. I chose to leave most of the blossom white, watercoloring very lightly with my Terra Cotta ink in the lid, mainly tipping the petals as I saw in many photos of Lotus Blossoms. I was thrilled that by diluting it with enough water I was able to achieve a pink color, which matches Lotus Blossoms! I painted the flower with Shimmerz in Angel Wings, which by the way is on sale this week at the ODBD Store - 25% off, but only through Friday! I water colored the rest of the image and cut out with Nesties Label 4. I added a touch of Shimmerz Angel Wings to the water and leaves too. The bigger frame is Nestabilities Classic Frame, cut from textured brushed gold, and stenciled with Olive while still in the die. The matting for the image is Papertrey Spring Moss which I ran through the Big Shot with the new Nestabilities Impressabilities called "flowers".

My base is Papertrey Spring Moss, and the blue layer is GPW which I sponged with ODBD Steel Blue Ink, then used Ranger Perfect Medium to stamp the same lotus image around the edges, then brushed with gold Perfect Pearls and set with a spritz of water. A layer of brushed textured gold is between the base and the blue. I added Spring Moss ribbon and Robin Egg's Page Pebbles in "Lily Pond". The frame and the main image are on dimensionals.

On the inside of my card I stamped an image and sentiment from a coordinating set called "Let Us Begin" in Steel Blue. I used the negative part of the center of the nestie classic frame to mat my sentiment. Basically an easy to put together design but I like how it came out. The colors are really pretty and I hope you have enjoyed my sample today!

*********************

If you have not already done so, please visit
Betty, who was before me on the hop,
and then go see Deb after me.
Then to Jane after her!

Be sure not to skip anyone because candy is hiding on three different blogs but you have to hop for it! Good luck!!! Have fun!
*********************

One more thing to tell you about!!! Our Daily Bread Designs is looking for two Guest Designers! All the details can be found on the ODBD Blog! Have you ever wanted to work for a GREAT Christian Stamp Company? This is your chance... Aug. and Sept. GD positions are open. Read all the details and enter your best work... but hurry, you only have 9 days to get your work in! Good luck!!!

Photobucket

58 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful and elegant, Grace!! What a gorgeous frame! And your shimmery lotus is divine!

Cassie said...

Simply gorgeous, Grace! So stunning ;D

KAY LONG said...

Very nice job with the colors you chose Grace. Love the new sets.

carpediem said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace! I love your colors, the sparkle, and your design!! Gorgeous frame!

Jane Wetzel said...

just plain GORGEOUS...

Betty Wright said...

Great colors choice, Grace!!! Love the fram detailing, and the angel shimmerz lotus is beautiful!!! Lovely card!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So beautiful Grace! I love the framing in your design-- makes the perfect focal point for your image!

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful card and so inspiring. I'm really enjoyng all this awesome eye candy along this hop.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, I am absolutely speechless about your design!!! It is pure elegance and grace!!! GORGEOUS!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Susan said...

Very nice card! Great colors!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

ecclesp said...

I am new to this and to the lovely nestabilities dies. I now see just how wonderful that can make your project. I looked through your earlier projects and you have a beautiful style. Thank you,
Patsy

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card Grace!!! Love the stamped image you used, and love all the new releases!!!!

Have a nice day!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Connie M. said...

Oh this is just beautiful, Grace!! I just LOVE your pretty framed lotus!! Wonderful!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Grace!

Lorelie Kim said...

Gorgeous and elegant!! Your lotus coloring is MAGNIFICENT!!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous. Love the Nestabilities Die - It's so elegant looking.

Linda Carson said...

Lovely...inside & out!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning Grace!!
--Becca

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, love your use of shim and the nice textured look of your frame.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautifully designed, Grace! Love the colors also!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace, Grace, Amazing Grace! Just absolutely fantastic card!

Kathy Jones said...

Once again Grace you have WOWed everyone with your style and elegance --- an absolutely stunning card!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

This is one gorgeous card - very graceful too!!! I sooooo love the spellbinder frame and the Shimmerz!!! Perfect take on the colors too!!! Hugs ~S~

Gloria said...

What a beautiful card

Unknown said...

love the layout of this and the colors are really soft and stunning.

Diane Noble said...

You just keep outdoing yourself, girlfriend! I love all your sneak peek designs. Yes, they've sent me to ODBD on several occasions!!!

Beautiful work, dear friend.

Dawn said...

Grace...beautiful!

Ruthie said...

I love this sentiment... the colrs you chose are so soft and peaceful! Wonderful job!!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing details!! This is breathtaking, Grace!!

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome and beautiful card, Grace. Love it and also the verse too. Wonderful work. Phyllis M.

Chrisd said...

Beautiful job with these gorgeous stamps. The verse is really displayed properly with terrific work by you. Thanks for sharing.

Chrisd said...

Beautiful job with these gorgeous stamps. The verse is really displayed properly with terrific work by you. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!
TFS

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Grace. It's the first time I've seen one where the glimmer actually show up. Great photography and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my goodness is this ever so beautiful! Breathtaking, in fact! Love all the shimmer!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

So pretty and peaceful. Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

WOW Grace. Another work of art. Beautiful job.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - your cards are fabulous - but that is nothing new!! I love your choice of colours, they are so rich and elegant - your choice of ODB sets is lovely too - I am partial to both!! You have created two elegant 'works of art' here Grace - well done!! Thanks for sharing...and inspiring my friend!! God bless you!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
Beautiful and elegant, What a gorgeous frame! I love the colors.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Shauna K said...

Awww what a beautiful card!! Great work :)

Crystal said...

WOW Grace absolutely stunning work...I love your frame, colors...and that image you colored is awesome love the sparkle!!...this is beautiful!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the shimmer on your center image and that gold background is just stunning!!!

adeline said...

So beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

Marta Fosco said...

Very pretty - truly elegant. Thanks for sharing. Marta

Sheila said...

OK, first of all, I don't want to leave your page. I can listen to wonderful and enjoy your beautiful works of art!!! I feel so lucky already. Thanks for sharing so much.

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the image and the coloring is fabulous.

Kelley said...

Such a GORGEOUS card...love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Grace, this is an incredibly beautiful card (or should I say masterpiece because it's a real work of art!). Too many wonderful details but let's just say I love them all!!

frogers said...

Love your cards.
Faye

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful cards.
JoAnn

Shirley said...

This is gorgeous! I love every detail. Hard to say which most!

Donna Moore said...

Hi Grace!
Just leaving you a note to let you know I too live in NC! I also jumped over and visited the Women to Women sharing Jesus site, while I was reading the post for today I felt like the thoughts had been plucked directly from my brain. Awesome post! Are any of you ladies planning on attending the Deeper Still conference in Greensboro?
Very glad you are a bread stick, your art is not only lovely but inspirational!
donna
qhorse101 at aol.com

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Grace, this is so beautiful! So glad that you had fun on your first hop!!!

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

from a lantern to a birdhouse how clever Sandy Lane