Sunday, August 9, 2009

"I'll be With You Always"

Hello everyone! I hope you have had a wonderful Sunday!

Today I got out the newly released set from Our Daily Bread designs called Jesus. There are several quotes from Our Lord in this set, and this image of Jesus. I have to admit to you that I had trouble doing any artwork involving an image of our Lord, but this one is so tastefully done and I wanted to try superimposing a cross so this is what I came up with. The image itself is stamped with Sahara Sand on Sahara Sand Card Stock, then I used the cross image from SU! Refuge and Strength. I stamped that in VersaMark, then rubbed Matalllic Rub On in Colonial over it. For the frame I used a very detailed embossing template, embossed it on basic black cs, then sponged on the same metallic rub on. I also added just a touch of green metallic to the frame to pop it a little more. I wanted a more aged effect so I rubbed off most of the metallic, then sponged all around my frame, starting off the page and working inward. I stamped the verse, which is from Matt 28:20 (I had to cut the reference off to fit it in my Nestablity Tag Trio element) in Archival Jet Black onto Vellum, then I rubbed the same Metallic around the edges of the vellum. I felt it needed more to stand out against the frame so I hand cut a matting for it from Sahara Sand, and again rubbed the edges with the Metallic. I matted my embossed frame on Sahara Sand, then onto Basic Black. This card is 5 x 7. The ribbon is a yummy double sided satin that's gold on one side and this champagne color on the other. This side was a perfect match for the Metallic I used, as I would call that a cross between gold and silver. I made some slight score lines in the corners to give a mitered look to the black frame. That's about it. I had my Christian music playing in the background as I made this and I have to tell you I just enjoyed talking to the Lord the whole time I was working on this!

I realized yesterday that many of you are coming here on a link to my "new posts", which does not show you the top post on my front page... my blog candy. Please click on my Title to load that post or just follow the link I just made for you so you can be entered in the giveaway!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a blessed week!
Photobucket

22 comments:

peggysue said...

What a gorgeous card Grace, your love for the Lord just shines through your work. How beautiful!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is amazing! I love the superimposed image and that embosed scroll is just beautiful!!

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is so pretty. I really like this image. I too think it is really well done. Great look. I hope you are better today. So glad you got to stamp. We are busy. I am tired.....Hugs to you.

Traci M said...

Beautifully and tastefully done, Grace! This image is one that I would have difficulty stamping also, but you did it!! I love listening to praise music when I stamp too.
Oh, and I was able to get a picture of your blog candy on my blog,I am hoping that a lot of women are led to read your devotional!

Riet said...

Ohhh Grace,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace. Love how you overlapped the cross and the Jesus image. Very elegant!

Dell said...

What a stunning card Grace!

Jennifer said...

Hi Grace! Your card is just beautiful! His peace really shines through it!

Invite: please check out the Jazzy Inspirations challenge this week. Here's a link to my card. I'd love to hear what you think of it. http://ifeelacardcomingon.blogspot.com/2009/08/jazzy-inspirations-17.html#links

Blessings,
Jennifer L

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Grace, very creative and different. Wonderful emobossing!

JazzyH said...

So very pretty!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Grace, thank you so much for stopping by my page. It's such an honor as you are a veteran card maker with such class and style in your cards. It's such a pleasure to stop by here, xox ~Jeni

Laurie said...

Grace: What a gorgeous card & good reminder that we never have to go through anything alone because Jesus is with us. Thanks so much for posting it.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a wonderful card Grace, the stamp set is perfect, you created a beautiful card!

Connie M. said...

This is just breathtaking, Grace!! WOW...love the aged look you created!

Saved By Grace said...

Absolutely beautiful...wonderful, who wouldn't feel uplifted just by receiving this card.

Stephanie said...

Grace - the flourish on your card reminds me a frame my mother has had for years with a photo of my grandparents in it. It's always been one of my favorites because it stands the test of time (style-wise)...your card holds true for that as well - just gorgeous!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous, it is so eye catching. You ended up with a beautiful effect here.

laos348 said...

This is so gorgeous and elegantly done. I really like how you superimposed the cross image - so inspirational.

Lorelie Kim said...

OMGoodness, Grace! Your Jesus card is breathtakingly GORGEOUS!! Love EVERYTHING about it!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Grace!!! This is STUNNING!!!! Love the gold look and the way you've done the sentiment. :)

Kim said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Crystal said...

Grace! What an elegant card ! I love the embossing and the sentiment... just gorgeous! Something for you on my blog ... go take a peek . :)