Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MMSC13 Rose in the Ferns

Hello everyone! Happy hump day! I hope your week is going well!

I made this card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I did tweak it just a bit. I made my card square and made it a 9 patch. I love Priscilla's sketches.... they are a step up and I love them! If you haven't played along, now's the time! If you check out and play her sketches and tell me so that I can tell her that you came from my recomendation, I'll get entered into a drawing for a prize! Here is the info. straight from the MM site:

“Refer your Friends for Freebies” Now sticking to our FRIENDLY theme this week, the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge has an added treat for you. We will be starting the “Refer your Friends for Freebies” this week and this is how it works….. for every "Brand NEW" participating friend you refer to our challenges, you will get an extra entry in our weekly bonus drawings through the end of August. As an added bonus, if three of your referrals enter our sketch challenge during the same week, I will mail you a special gift from Stampin Up. And the person who refers the most new friends by August 31st will Win a "Stampin Up" Grab bag of products worth over $100. Your friends can only be a “Brand NEW” friend once even though we welcome them to stay and play as often as they want and that person could then join in by referring new friends too. All you have to do is leave a comment stating your friend has entered the challenge, who they are and how you know them. Then email me with your address if three NEW friends enter in the same week. And last, email me by Sept 1st a list of referred friends and your grand total of participating friends for the $100 product prize. In the event of a tie, we will have a drawing. So now is the time to get in touch with all those friends of yours, catch up and invite them to play with us!


I finally got to use my SU! Fifth Ave. set for the first time since I bought it... several months ago! I embossed my rose image on a semi-glossy paper from Staples... don't know the name of it but it comes in big sheets for office use. I love it! It's not a full gloss but just a little sheen. I used Ranger Super fine detail gold embossing powder. I watercolored the image with Twinkling H2Os with the addtion of just a tad of Pink Pirouette and Ridinghood Red ink.

My Dsp is from K&Co: Madeline Mat Pad... one of my favorites!

The card base is Mellow Moss, layered with The Paper Co. brushed gold, then pretty in pink and then the dsp.

I cut the corners are Cuttlebug die cuts and cut from the same pack, and the ferns are Nestabilities "Fern Foliage" cut, sponged with Old Olive and then painted with Green Olive Shimmerz. The gold scrolly swirls are Nestabilities Flourish Accents. The butterflies are Martha Stewart Punches, painted in Shimmerz Angel Wings and adorned with a little bling.

Everything is popped up on dimensionals, and the center of the rose is on double dimensionals so I could curl the outter petals back. IRL it almost looks like I used paper tole, but I didn't. I love how this one came out! Hope you do too!

Thanks for looking and
Photobucket

25 comments:

Phyllis said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! WOW!! You really created a thing of beauty. That big rose looks go wonderful with that great sketch of Priscilla's. Love you corners and butterflies and all the shine and shimmer. A truly magnificent card!! The MMDT wants to thank you for playing in our sketch challenge. We will hopefully see you next week too!!

Phyllis - Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 on SCS

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh very pretty! Your rose is perfect for the sketch, great colors as well.

Lovely Linda said...

Grace - this is divine!! I love your rose and the colours you have chosen are stunning together! Your colouring Grace is fabulous...the butterflies are a beautiful touch! You sure know how to put a card together Grace - another 'masterprice!' Thanks you for sharing Grace and for all of your encouraging comments on my Blog! You are a blessing!!! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

Grace this is stunning as usual :), love this rose and how you colored it, and how do you get your squares to line up so perfect :)

Carolyn said...

Breathtaking!! You always create such incredibly beautiful cards. I just can't stop looking at it. The gold and the gold embossed rose is amazing. The colors are perfect and those tiny gems on the butterflies. You are very talented! Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you!

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

I agree with Phyllis, this one is so Gorgeous! Very clean and the outlines are so nice. You've really worked the sketch this week, Grace. Thank you for being a regular supporter, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! This is stunning! Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along!!

Hugs,
Melissa

MMSC DT August Guest Designer

Crystal said...

Grace this is so beautiful, LOVE your bella rose and the gold accents...stunning!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.x

Dawn B. said...

Very pretty Grace. I love the squares. It gives it such a great visual. Such a pretty set. I have it too and have never inked it. Great job.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love every detail here! I miss you at ODBD Grace! I'm so glad I can still keep up with you! Your talents amaze me!

peggysue said...

Grace I played last week and put you down as the friend referrer (is that a word? no) so you have one so far. :) Very pretty card, lovely job with that set.

Sue McMahon said...

Grace this is so beautiful! I always enjoy coming to your blog! Such beautiful work you do!!!

Sue
MMDT Member

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your tiled bg is such a gorgeous backdrop to showcase your beautiful Rose Grace!! Wowsers!! Love the flourishes and butterflies too!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful rose, Grace! I love the contrast to the brown layer! Just gorgeous! Good luck on the challenge for the MM! I hope you win!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh Grace - this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the colours you've used and the Rose is so stunning!!!! Another wonderful card!!!

Karen W said...

Wow, it's stunning and I love that paper you used for the rose. Just gorgeous!!!

JazzyH said...

Stunning!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Grace this is just so pretty! I love the rose and brown together with gold embossing. Very elegant. :) I just love to see what you come up with each week.
Michelle MMDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning and deserves to be put in a frame to cherish forever! This really is one of my favorites of yours. The colors and details are just precious. You create such beautiful art.
Thanks so much for playing along with us.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Diane Noble said...

Stunning! Gorgeous! Elegant! Magnificent! Amazing! WOW!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Adorable flourishes and fun gold accents as well. Wonderful take on the midnight madness sketch challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card Grace!! Love your coloring of the rose!!! The colors and the flourish accents are an awesome touch!! Love your take on the sketch! Missing you!!
hugs,
Chris

Priscilla said...

Hi Grace, you sure are living up to that gold star on your side bar huh? WOW another beauty from you. Well done on all accounts. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Be sure to check out the “Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorials” coming soon .
Priscilla

Carol Ric said...

Georgous card, very impressive.