Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Snow Cream MMSC16

Hello everyone! It's so good to be back and not driving! Our trip to NY went very well but just too many miles for one weekend! One really big bright spot was that I got to meet Chris Olsen for coffee and she is just the sweetest! I wish we lived closer... I know we'd be best of friends!

Anyway... today I'm trying to catch up. I don't usually try to combine too many challenges but this one is for three. I used the Midnight Madness Sketch (16)... and they are ALWAYS great! I also used today's Color Challenge on SCS. My good friend Peggy was filling in and chose Real Red, Kraft and Chocolate Chip. What a great combo! This also was for last Friday's Twisted Sister challenge to make a humorous Christmas Card. I don't have many humorous Christmas images but I thought this one from Plum Purdy was cute and on the inside it says: "Snow Cream". :)

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, Colored with Copics:
E00,E31, E53, E29, E74
G24, YG63, YG03
R14, R29
YR68, YR65
BG10 (for the halo)

The base is Papertrey Dark Chocolate. I have to get more of this yummy paper! It's so heavy and a great color! The matting is SU! Kraft, then I used Neenah White and SU! Dsp from a Hostess Pack last year. I used a QuicKutz die cut corner piece which I ran through the Big Shot with the textile folder, and the white layer is embossed with the Sizzix Snowflake EF. My snowflakes are punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the little scrolly elements are a QuicKutz die cut frame (Hobby Lobby) cut out of vellum. I then cut out the scrolls from the circular cut out and covered them with Stickles. The snowflakes and the snowman are also covered with Stickles in Frosted Lace.

I can't for the life of me get a good photo of this card that both shows the glitter and does not have shadows... sorry about that! Maybe later but right now I'm in a rush.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great evening!

Photobucket

24 comments:

Crystal said...

What an ADORABLE snowman!!! WHAT a great Creation!!LOVE the layout!!

Priscilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priscilla said...

Hi Grace. What a great time you sound like you had and great that you got to meet Chris :) How AWESOME :) She is a sweetheart and I bet an even bigger one in person. Your card is great this week. I am impressed with your combo of challenges. I really like how your image just pops with color. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges each week. They just would not be the same without you :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carolyn said...

Oh, a "yummy" snowman card...and with a cherry on top. Does it get any better? Great color choices on this. Sort of gives you a chill to look at. Just love your take on the sketch this week. It is a pleasure to have you play with us, and I hope we will see you play again.

If you like blog candy, pop over to my blog and sign up. I have some really fun stuff up for grabs.

Carolyn MMSC DT
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Grace, I really think this is so cute! I love the words "Snow Cream". Gave me a chuckle. :)
Michelle MMDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! This is incredible!! I love your take on the sketch!! Your snow guy is just too cute!! Awesome designs as all your cards are!

I loved meeting up with you on Saturday!! It meant so much to me that you made time in your busy schedule to meet up with me! Your a real sweetie and I treasure our friendship.

hugs and blessings,
Chris

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Grace, this is such a gorgeous card. Love that snowcream....the sparkles, snowflakes and twirls look fabulous...don't worry about the photo...when you enlarge it you get to see all the fabulous details.
So glad you got to meet Chris, she must be as sweet in person as she is here in blog country!
Thank you for playing along with us again..
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Grace!! Love the snowflakes with the flourishes!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - this is tooooo cute - Grace!!! Awesome take on the Sektch!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue McMahon said...

OMG! Grace this is beautiful. I've been in winter/Christmas lately and this is too cute! Love it!!

Sue
MMDT Member

peggysue said...

My first thought was, "help me, I'm melting!" but that's a movie without snowmen. :) This is very cute Grace.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How cute is this Grace!! LOVE that darling image!! And the papers you used with this sketch are fabulous!!

Jennifer said...

Oh what a cute card! Gave me a big smile! Hope you have a great day.

hugs,
Jennifer L

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my goodness Grace this is just the cutest darn image. Beautiful coloring, a totally adorable card.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

What a sweeeeet snowman Grace, this is too cute!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wonderful Christmas Snowman card, Nancy! Thank you for taking some time to play our sketch and your kind words. I'm so glad you got a chance to take a trip and see Chris :) I'm sure it was a fantastic experience, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
What a cute card just love it. great start for the holidays. Hope all is well.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Lovely Linda said...

Fabulous card Grace - how much fun is that! Love the colours and all of your DPs!! your cards always have so much detail and are perfectly co-ordinated - you rock every challege out there!!
What a blessing to be able to meet Chris - she is one amazing lady, as are you!! What great fellowhip you must have had! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Stephanie said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Grace! My mom decorates her entire house (tree & all) in snowman and I think she has an ornament just like this image (glitter and all!!) - great with this color combo, too!! Glad you had a nice trip :)

Kay said...

Very "cool" Thanks for always taking the time to explain in such detail what goes in to each of your creations and thanks for answering my question about the sponging in the birdhouse card :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is so pretty! What gorgeous coloring...and thanks for the info on the paper! 51 more projects and I can get some!! :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace...I love this snow cone image. It is playful and fun. Your card is just so fabulous with all the elements you added and you attention to details. Thanks for playing the MM challenge and will be looking for you again next week.

Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com
Midnight Madness Guest Design Diva- September

Kathy Jones said...

This is absolutely adorable Grace!!! Every single card you make is just perfect!!!! :)