Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Little Precious ~ a sketch, and color challenges

I made this card for three challenges. It was for the sketch challenge on SCS today, and also the Stampin Sisters in Christ color challenge (to use the colors of fall) and the OCCC challenge, to use Chocolate, Pink, Hot Pink and White. I think I got them all! I love these new BasicGrey papers in the Indian Summer set! The fall colors are so warm and rich! So I chose three different patterns from that pack that met the qualifications and arranged the sketch. My image is a new one for me... my first Sarah Kay. I had to have it when I saw it. It so reminds me of my grand daughter... blond, cute and in love with her kitty! Anyway... I inked her with Archival Jet black and stamped on 140 LB Watercolor Paper. I used the wet on wet technique to color her with SU! Markers. I then cut her out and popped her up, cutting a second bow for her hair and spraying that with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist before popping it up slightly. I added some pink ribbon by MS. The base is Papertrey Dark Chocolate and the Pink is SU! run through with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, swiss dot.

This one was just for fun! Hope you enjoy it!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow when I will have a sneak peek for you of the October release from Our Daily Bread designs! Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is soooo lovely!! LOVE how you used these colors..your image is colored sooooo awesome...Great added texture too...beautiful!

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Grace, this card is fabulous!!!! The colors are gorgeous and your coloring job on this cute Sarah Kay image is out of this world!!!! WOW!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my word, Grace...this is sooo pretty!!!! The colors and papers you used are just sooo gorgeous and your coloring on that sweet little image is beautiful!!!! You do such lovely work!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a precious card-love the sarah kay image and the awesome coloring.

Kelley said...

Grace, this is so beautiful! I love how you colored the whole thing!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love this, the coloring is amazing, right down to the bottom of her feet! Great layout too.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Simply beautiful, Grace! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ. It means so much!

Hugs,
Lisa

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This card is so beautiful. The colors in that new Indian Summer paper are lovely and so perfect for both the pink and brown and the fall colors challenges. I love all the layers and textures on your card. Thanks for playing along with the OCC on our pink & brown challenge. Hope to see you back next week!

Kay said...

Such a pink, girly card! I love it.

katiesniche said...

Oh I've been eyeing the Sarah Kay stamps recently. This card is darling. Love those DP!