Thursday, September 17, 2009

MMSC19 Let is Snow a Blizzard!

Hello everyone! This is my submission for Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #19.

Ok... I admit it... I got a little carried away with the snowflakes! LOL! I know I'll really hear it for this but I love snow!!! I really miss it living here in NC... up until Christmas, that is. I DON"T miss it in April... nor do I miss having to shovel it off our roof to avoid ice dams, but I do miss the beauty of those early snowfalls that just seem to wash everything in sight with freshness.

This sketch was fun to play with, just like all of the Midnight Madness Sketches are!

My image is from Plum Purdy Stamps and I just love it! I'm a snowman lover and collector so when I saw this guy, about to burst his buttons, I had to buy him. I got him last year but this is the first time I have gotten him inky. Now he feels much more useful! :) Anyway... I used Archival Jet Black on Gina K Pure Luxury White Layering CS, and colored the image with Prisma Pencils, blending with Goo Gone.

My base is Paper Co. Metallic Cover, and the designer paper is BasicGrey Figgy Pudding. The punched edge is Martha Stewart edge and corner punch and is mounted on more of the metallic cs. The image is cut with a Nestabilities Classic Lg. Oval and then a Lebel #6. I used a word punch (SU!) for the sentiment, and a Sizzix snowflake die cut for the largest snowflake, and MS punch for the smaller ones. The tiny ones are the cut outs from the edge punch, spritzed with Shimmerz Baby's Breath that I won from Jami's blog candy!!! Thanks Jami... I love it!

Well... there you have it... just a fun one for today.

I hope you have a blessed day and don't forget that today is the last day to get your entry in to the Our Daily Bread Designs DT Challenge, THREE FOR THEE! They must be in by 2:00PM EST today to be considered for a prize, although you are welcome to continue to play along and link to the post any time! Good luck to all who played!!!
Photobucket

28 comments:

Phyllis said...

You have blown me away with this lovely creation. I love every single thing about it!! Colors, image, snowflakes, flourishes, embellishments. Beautiful, beautiful card. We thank you for your wonderful entry into our challenge.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Crystal said...

Grace , this is such a fun card ! I love the snowflakes and that cute little snowman ! Love those popping tummy buttons and the branch hair !!! I'll blow some Ohio snow your way if need be ! {hugs !}

Carolyn said...

Well, you aren't going to hear it from me about those snowflakes. All I know is that this card is just adorable. I love every single snowflake on it. Gorgeous papers too. I will have to try to remember to send some snow your way this winter ;) We sure do get plenty of it here in western Pennsylvania. Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the MMSC. We love coming over here to see your lovely creations. Hope you will always play with us.

Blessings to you,

Carolyn MMSC DT

Judy Rozema said...

WOW! That is just an amazing card, Grace!!

Crystal said...

Grace oh my I LOVE your snowman!!! What a beautiful job you did witht his sketch!!! Another fab design!! Hugs!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your snowman is so adorable, Grace, and I love all the snowflakes! Beautiful card!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Oh this is so CUTE!! I love the snowflakes and like to use tons of them too! You snowman is probably the cutest one I've ever seen so far. :) I love how his sweater just barely fits. Thanks for playing along with us each week. It's always fun to see what you have to show us.
Michelle MMDT

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Grace! Such an adorable snowman! And I don't think you got carried away with the snowflakes! It's just PERFECT!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us again!

Sue
MMDT Member

Dragonlady said...

This is a gorgeous card Grace. you can never have too many snowflakes I always say!!!

Hugs Ali x

Shawne said...

Oh. that snowman is gorgeous! I love your coloring and everything about this card!!!


Shawne
mmscdt

Terri's Cards N More said...

Your card is beautiful. Love everything about it.

Carol Hurlock said...

OK, I am picking my jaw up from off the floor, and please pardon the drool, but this card is mesmerizing! Wowie I am just enthralled with how delicious all these snowflakes are. You out did yourself this week. Bravo Thanks for playing with us at MMSC, you always delight me with you work.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh wow Grace!! This card is just too sweet for words!! I love every little thing about it!! The use of the snowflake punch is magnificent. That snowman is so cute. You rock Girl!!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

I miss the snow too. This is adorable. Such a sweet little button bursting image.. You have the best dies.. I am jealous. My budget does not allow.. This turned out great Grace. I am so happy to see your whimsies... Hugs.

Denise @ kc242 said...

I just love your fat little snowman!
This card is just so adorable. Great take on the sketch challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at MMSC this week! Just Lovely!

Priscilla said...

Wow..love the winter card..those snowflakes are awesome!!! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. Please join in the Stampers United blog hop this Sat if you get a chance.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Gina Lindsay said...

I love snowmen too, and I love all your snowflakes! Very pretty!

Stephanie said...

girl - you have a way with snowmen images! this is soooooo cute!! just love it & the colors you chose :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

I don't even know what to say this card is amazing! Beth

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a beautiful card Grace - I love all the detail you've added. Who would'nt love to receive this at Christmas!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful snow man!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Grace - this is such a fabulous take on the Sketch!!! So beautifully designed!!! Hugs ~S~

peggysue said...

Grace, you made me laugh! My DH and I already live in an area that gets a liberal dusting of snow every year and we are planning to move further north yet, so the first time I have to shovel off the roof I'm calling you! Adorable card, love the colors.

Kay said...

I love this snowman!!! I may just have to have him myself... another fabulous card, Grace :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, this is super cute!!!!! I love it!!!

Jenny said...

This is a beautiful card. There is a lot going on and the image is coloured fantastically. I love the colour scheme.
Jenny

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!!! This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! What an incredible card - so much amazing detail to look at and admire!!! :)

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Oh Grace, what an absolutely gorgeous creation! I just love the snowman with all those details. Pretty snowflakes and sparkle. You did such a fabulous job with the sketch!
Thank you for playing along with us week after week!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT