Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Oct. Our Daily Bread Designs Sneak Peek

So... what are the hardest cards we gals have to make???? Most of us would answer the same thing... Sympathy and Masculine! Well.... not any more girls!!! Our Daily Bread designs is going to be releasing three new sets on Oct. 1 that will make either of those card types much easier to make!

Today I'm showing you a sample of a set called "With Heartfelt Sympathy". I love the versatility of these sets! The sentiment I chose could be for a sympathy card, but also for anyone who is going through a rough patch. The set has these wonderful Cat Tails and the Dragonfly you see, and those images could be perfect for a fall card, a guy card, or a sympathy card... or just a nature card for anyone!!!

I used the MMSC20 for my layout. These Midnight Madness Sketches are among my favorites to do each week! They are just a step up from the norm, and I love them! The panel on the left is an embossing/stenciling template I had by Dreamweaver.. I ran it through my Big Shot for the texture, then sponged it with Colorbox Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown and Olive Pastel.

I stamped my Cat Tails in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the images plus some background with Prismapencils, blending with OFMS and blending stumps. After that I heavily sponged with T Holtz Distress Inks.

My card base is Very Vanilla, topped with a deep chocolate cs from my stash, then a textured olive cs also unknown. The DP is from The First Blush pack by Prima. I used my Spell Binders Label 4 to cut out the sentiment and sponged that panel as well. I ran my Chocolate Chip marker along the edges of all my panels before mounting them. I used my slot punch to punch the holes for the ribbon, and the ribbon is from Papertrey. The fibers are from The Paper Studio, and the antique brass embellishments were from Hobby Lobby. The left hand panel is popped up on dimensionals.

You don't want to miss these new sets when they release on Oct 1!!! All the girls in the Bread Basket will be doing a little blog hop on Oct 1.... and there will be PRIZES so be sure to check back here and also check the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog for all the details!!! Don't miss out!

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!
Photobucket

22 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is a pretty stamp. Love how you made your card with it, very pretty!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Grace, this is gorgeous!! I love what you've done with the square brads and fibers!! And the colors are just so warm!! What a beauty!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - I love this card!! What a fabulous set and you have used it perfectly! Love your colours and the way you have used the MMSC - perfect! Your layouts are always so detailed and filled with added embellishments - so much for the eye to see - thank you so much for being such a constant source of inspiration for us all Grace! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Phyllis said...

Beautiful and elegant! Lovely colors and embellishments. You have captured the sketch perfectly. The MMDesign Team thanks you coming out to play with us this week, and we will be looking for you next week as well!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace: The melding of design elements in this beauty comes together to astonish the viewer. How exquisite a display of workmanship and design creativity. It's graceful and elegant! Thanks for participating in the MMSC challenge this week. Be sure to keep checking Priscilla's blog for all the fun activities this month.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Dawn B. said...

This is really nice Grace. I love the muted colors. They are peaceful. This is perfect for the TSC challenge this week too. TFS

Sabrina Jackson said...

Gorgeous stamp and absolutely breathtaking card, Grace!!!! Love the way you've turned some of the square brads to the side and that fun fiber and the ribbon. PERFECTION!!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Grace!!! Beautiful colors and design!!!! Love the ribbon with sentiment detailing and the hardware!!! Wonderfully done!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous sneak peek - Grace!!! Love the colors and the layout!!!
Hugs ~S~

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the colors and the brads. This is really pretty.

Stephanie said...

Love that cattail image! Perfect for so many occasions :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your design Grace!! You did an awesome job with the new sets!! Can't wait to get mine!!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Those brads add so much. Talk to you soon!
hugs,
Chris

JazzyH said...

That is very pretty! I love the colors.

Mary Lou said...

Dear Grace~~ WOWWIE!!! Your work just amazes me so much that I just have to stop and stare at it :-)
God Bless Mary Lou

Kelley said...

So cool This would make a great birthdy card too!!

Priscilla said...

Just beautiful and I love the hardware. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time, please stop back by and check the “BIG” give away announcement next Monday.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Tonje said...

This is beautiful! Love the colours and the sentiment.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Grace, your cards are always a joy to come and see. This one is so soothing and beautiful. Thank you for always joining us at MMSC. We love having you. :)
Michelle MMDT

Kay said...

Wonderful card, as always, Grace. These are the hardest types of cards to make, but this one would surely ease the heart of any recipient. Beautiful.

Kaytee said...

Hi Grace!! I have to tell you that I am loving the playlist on your blog. Such beautiful songs.. and my favorite "Breathe"! I have a video on my blog of myself singing a verson of that song for a wedding. Its a different arrangement but still a wonderful song! Oh and I think your card is beautiful.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Grace, this is going to be a wonderful release! I love the cattails as well. I bet you could even use it just for a nice nature scene card too! So very versatile!!

Kathy Jones said...

STUNNING Grace!! Love how you've used this sketch and the stamps look awesome!!