Friday, September 18, 2009

Our God, we Thank You and Praise Your Name!



Today's limited supply on SCS was to make a card using any combination of oranges, browns, blacks, purples, halloween type colors but it didn't have to be halloween. Well... I don't even own any halloween images and don't make halloween cards but I still love fall! So I tried a more country look than is my usual style... but it was fun and quick!

I ran a piece of SU! Kraft paper through with the CB pumpkins embossing folder. Then I lightly sponged on some orange (Rubber Stampede), Olive (Our Daily Bread designs) and THoltz Distress Ink, Tea Dyed. Then I used a CB die cut/embossing combo to cut the larger pumpkin out of Kraft and sponged as above. I stamped my sentiment verse from Our Daily Bread Designs "Give Thanks" set on Kraft with Archival Jet Black and sponged around the edges with Olive. I used Bazzill for my base, then a layer of olive which I punched with my new MS edge punch (Leaves). I also punched a few boughs to tuck under the pumpkin. Added a little hemp twine from SU! and done! Quick, limited in supplies and yet I have to admit I kind of like the finished product! Stepping out of my usual style is a good thing once in a while!

Have a blessed weekend, and don't forget to thank God for all He has done! Check out Women to Women for a little more inspiration!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Grace what a GORGEOUS fall creation, you are soooo talented, your bg looks amazing!

Rosietoes said...

Love the whole look of this card Grace. It justs oozes bounty and gratitude and warmth. :)
Edna x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!!! I love the colors and design!! Amazing background!! Beautiful fall card my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Grace!!! Wonderful texture and sponge coloring!!! Beautifully done!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - I love this card of yours - the fall colours are so warm and rich! I don't do halloween cards either - but love this alternative! The EF is gorgeous and perfect for this theme! Your touches are always so beautiful Grace - another outstanding 'work of the heart! Thanks for sharing! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Mary said...

Beautiful card Grace!!

Laurie said...

Such a beautiful card, Grace. And both analogies are perfect for this day & age!

Diane Noble said...

Your cards are beyond beautiful...it's just a joy coming here and looking at your artwork...and I love all the thoughts behind your creativity!!

I don't do Halloween either, but I love anything fall. This one is perfect.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Gorgeous Fall card Grace! Love it!

Kathy Jones said...

It may be fun and quick for you Grace but it still looks absolutely wonderful!!! Love how you've coloured the pumpkin and the embossed BG! The border looks fantastic and the twine gives it that country feel! Wonderful card and the sentiment works so well with it!

Kimberly White said...

Thank you for not doing Halloween. For a while I thought I was strange for not wanting to celebrate Halloweeen as a Christian. It is great to see a wonderful fall card without a Halloween image.

Bev J. said...

Thanks for showing what a beautiful card can be made from the pumpking eb folder. I love everything about your card. Beautiful!

The Mama Monkey said...

Like your new blog look for fall!! This is a very pretty card! Great idea to give some color to that CB background!

kate blue said...

I am not a card maker but I draw inspiration from all crafters...your cards are simply gorgeous and i love the layering of colors and textures!

KateB
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the way you used this embossing folder, especially the way you inked the raised parts.

Kelley said...

So pretty and such an awesome fall card!

JazzyH said...

love the fall card!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Happy Saturday and Everyday Grace:
I was just looking over your beautiful cards love all the beautiful Fall cards and the snowman card they are all just beautiful. Have a very Happy and wonderful Blessed weekend.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Forgot to say love your new fall background, looks like a lot of us are doing fall for now. Just wish the weather would cool off.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Dell said...

Grace,
I am totally in love with this card and the pumpkin image. Love the emobssing that you did on it too.