Thursday, September 10, 2009

When I pray You Answer Me!

I made this card for several challenges over on Christian Paper Crafts.
All this week they are offering great prizes so check it out!
Monday's Color challenge was to use Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal and Old Olive. Tues. was a sketch challenge, and wow did I have to get creative with that! LOL! Bible Verse Thurs. was to make a card with a sympathy or comforting verse.



So here's what I did:

I stamped the flowers from SU! Bloomin Beautiful six times on Watercolor paper, watercolored with inks, using a wet on wet technique. I used Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive. I then highlighted each bloom with a purple glittery gel pen (unknown). I cut out all six blooms.

The verse is from Our Daily Bread Designs, Scripture Collection2. It quotes Ps. 138:3. I stamped the verse on watercolor paper too with Elegant Egplant. I then lightly sponged with Teal and Old Olive. I cut this out with my Nestabilities Label 5.

I cut a white lattice strip with my Nestabilities Lattice Edgeability. I sprayed this with Pearl Glimmer Mist. I also sprayed the flowers with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist, and the leaves with Honey Dew GM. While they were drying, I cut my BasicGrey (Euphoria) designer paper to fit the center panel of this Martha Stewart card I had found at Big Lots this week. It came with big butterflies that have a sticky coating on which you can apply glitter. I glittered a frame around my center panel with Stampendous Jewel Glitter in Ocean Spray. I mounted the sentiment panel and some of the flowers on dimensionals and angled the flowers to match the strips of paper used in the sketch. I added bling from BasicGrey and a couple of leaves I had cut off when adhering my flowers.

I can't capture the sparkle at all... it's dark and this is an inside shot. It's quite sparkly and I hope it will be an encouragement to someone. I have lost three friends this week so there is much need for sympathy and encouragement cards!

Thanks for looking and have a blessed weekend!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

How pretty Grace, your flowers for the strips on the sketch is perfect. Lovely lovely job.

Cassie said...

This is so gorgeous, Grace. I love how you used the sketch, and what a wonderful verse ;D

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, I am so sorry to read about your friends, you and their families are in my prayers! I love this card and whoever receives it will feel all of the love that you have put into it!! The Flowres are stunning and your colours are so well used. I do believe my friend, you have nailed this challenge!! Thanks for sharing - it is always a pleasure!!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, this is so fantastic!!! You nailed this sketch!!! I was thinking of flowers for this myself, but you did it perfectly!!! Thanks so much for playing along!!! :)

Crystal said...

Beautiful work, Grace ! Love your colors, cut out leaves and sparkle. I am so sorry to hear of your friends and am praying that His comfort and love will be evident to all.

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - this is a beautiful card and take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Alisa said...

wow! love what you did with the sketch!! Just beautiful work!! And I love your blog!! Thanks for playing along at CPCM!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

What a breathtaking card, Grace!!! So beautifully executed. Love the way you've used the flowers!!! Truly stunning! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Traci M said...

Grace, first of all, I am sorry and you have my sympathies for the loss of your friends. I will be praying for you!
Your card for the challenges is gorgeous with so much loving detail..a really comforting verse also!

Stephanie said...

those flowers are to die for - you amaze me with how intricate and beautiful all your cards are. I've said it before, but I truly mean it....what a gift your cards (and talent) really is!!

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Grace!!! Beautifully colored and I love the flowers for the sketch design!!! Wonderful scripture card!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I know it has been a tough week for you. I hope that things are better soon. Your creations are a blessing to the recipients. Great job.