Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Daily Bread Designs Oct. Release and Blog Hop!


Hello everyone! Today's the big day! Our Daily Bread Designs has just released three new sets and they are fantastic! I hope you've been enjoying the sneak peeks some of us have been giving you! These sets are all coordinated and have many wonderful sentiments and Scriptures for Sympathy cards, Thinking of You cards, and the images actually make some awesome "masculine" cards in their own right!!!

Today, I'm showing you one of the Scriptures (1 Jn 2:17) in this set which I heat embossed in gold over a light stamping of the Cat Tails image with Bordering Blue ink. Both of these stamps are from the "With Heartfelt Sympathy" set. To emboss, I stamped with VersaMark and used Super Fine Detail Gold by Ranger. It was cloudy and the photo could be better, but if you click it to enlarge I think you can see all the details.

I used a Bazzill base, layered on brushed gold by The Paper Studio, then designer paper from BasicGrey Wisteria. I used this week's Mojo Sketch 106 for my layout. I cut the sentiment panel from Very Vanilla with my Spell Binders Label #5 die and sponged with Bordering Blue lightly. I cut the frame for my sentiment out of Brushed Gold with the SB Lattice Pendant and then embossed it. I cut a very vanilla panel and embossed it with the CB Fleur de Lis folder, then lightly inked with Bordering Blue. I cut one single Fleur de Lis out for my little square element on the right. The ribbon is May Arts, and the tiny pearls are Recollections. I have been working on some great masculine cards with these sets so today I wanted to make a more elegant example for you. Even though sympathy cards are our most difficult ones to make... these sets will give you all the right words!!!

Now on the the Blog Hop details....

Hopefully you came here from Silke's Blog. If so, you are in the right place, and from here you need to go to:
I'll give you a couple extra links just in case any of the links are broken:


If you did not get here from Silke's Blog, be sure to go to the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog and start the hop from there, making sure you comment on each one! When you are all done commenting, go back to the ODBD Blog and tell us two things:
  1. That you did indeed visit each Designer's Blog and left a comment, and
  2. Tell us what you liked best about these new sets!
That's all you have to do! There will be candy hidden along the way on THREE different Blogs and you will not know where it is! Even the Designers don't know themselves *yet*!

You have until 6PM EST on Friday, Oct 2 to make your comments in order to be qualified to win! At that time, three of our Designers will be randomly selecting a winner and I will be posting those names on the ODBD Blog on Sat. Oct 3! So be sure to check back there on Sat. to see who won!!! Have fun and be blessed today!
Photobucket

70 comments:

Juliana said...

Lovely!!
I love the color combo!! And the image behind the sentiment is beautifully done!!!
Wonderful details!!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and all the details. TFS
JoAnn

Kimberly White said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors as well.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Grace, Your card is gorgeous! beautifully put together and the colors are just perfect. Lovely details.
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Minerva said...

Love your blog, the music is so nice. Great colors on your card. Versamark is a must have item for every stamper.

Katy said...

pretty! beautiful verse :)

Shauna K said...

gorgeous! love the gold paper and that verse is wonderful :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Grace, I like these colors. Such a warm feeling and very cool pendant.

Unknown said...

This card reminds of a quilt square! The colors are soft and comforting.

Sheila said...

I love the way you set the verse as the focal point. I love this verse and the soft background design just draws your eye to the verse.

Donna Moore said...

Oh Grace, your card is just beautiful! I do enjoy looking at your wonderful creations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Grace. Love the verse and the colors and papers too. Wonderful stamp set you have used for your main image.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Grace!! Love your use of the spellbinders and colors. What an elegant design!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

I love the versatility of these sets and agree that they will make great masculine cards. ODB always comes up with amazing stamp sets.
Teresa B (Nashville, TN)
tbcrops@yahoo.com

Judy McMullen said...

Grace, your card is beautiful! I love the ODBD stamps. They are so versatile and the sentiments are so perfect for saying just the right words. TFS!

Judy McMullen said...

Grace, your card is beautiful! I love the ODBD stamps. They are so versatile and the sentiments are so perfect for saying just the right words. TFS!

Crystal said...

This is GOrGEOUS Grace!!! I LOVE the gold!!! You dp matches perfect with your die cut...WOWZA!

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is very pretty. I love the way you used your die cuts. What an outstanding verse. Great job.

The Rust Life said...

Absolutely love your designs! So glad this blog hop brought me to so many new designers like yourself!

I had to add an additional note to you as I absolutely love the Fleur de Lis and love how you worked it into this design!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This card is so beautiful and elegant Grace!!

Anonymous said...

You do stunning work. I love all the details you put into your projects! TFS!
~Chelsea

Marge said...

WOW; breathtakingly beautiful!!! LOVE this card!!!

Crystal said...

So beautiful and soothing. Very pretty, Grace !

Nena said...

What an outstanding use of the pendant die. Your card is fitting
for the situation but still has
the wow factor~~~thank you!!

Linda Bandow said...

Truly lovely. TFS ...this is a great set.

Debi said...

Grace this is simply fabulous!

Stampin_melissa said...

Your card has such a wonderful, delicate beauty! Great job!

Cleanin'Lady said...

Very pretty. Nice colors and I love the matching papers. Like the background behind the words--nice detail.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Grace! Enjoyed your music while looking at your beautiful creations! TFS!

MiamiKel said...

So beautifully done! The gold and scroll just make you card stand right out - wonderful! TFS!

ellepaulette said...

Such a lovely card! Great colors and layout! Love it all!! :)

Anonymous said...

Grace, I love the filigree look to your card - it is simply dazzling! What a sweet element with the little fleur on the right! Totally charming!!
--Hugs Becca

Judy Rozema said...

Really neat mat, Grace - and such an awesome design!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card - looks great with the spellbinders.

Lovely Linda said...

Such elegance in a card Grace!! Your card is stunning...I love that ODBD set - I love them all!! The colours are gorgeous and those pearls are the perfect touch!! Your Nestie works so well...you have created another stunning card Grace - you never fail to amaze me my friend!! Thanks for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and I love the gold accenting, gold embossing, and frame detailing!!! Beautiful scripture card, Grace!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! The image behind the sentiment really adds to the beauty of the card.
Sarah GJ

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! The image behind the sentiment really adds to the beauty of the card.
Sarah GJ

Darlene Gabriel said...

How pretty! Love that lattice pendant die and the overstamping. The gold makes this very elegant. TFS

Nikki said...

Lovely card the Die cut is beautiful

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - your card is just beautiful!!! Love the pendant in the background and the embossing really addes so much elegance to it!!! Awesome card - my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Only By His Grace said...

Such a beautiful card Grace.
The patterned paper goes so well with the Lattice pendant.
The verse is perfect.
Hugs marion

Connie M. said...

Grace! This is just so breathtaking!! I just love all the gold accents...very rich!!

Dawn said...

beautiful Grace! that die makes the perfect backdrop to highlight the verse!

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have used, take careX:)

dianne said...

A beautiful card. Love the colors. Well done. Thanks for sharing. Dianne Davis

peggysue said...

This is beautiful Grace, you always make such elegant cards. And true, sentiments for sympathy cards are always welcome. Great color combination and I like the overstamping with the blue in the background.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace your cards are always so elegant and beautiful! This one is no exception! Love the SB die!

Sue D said...

I like how you perfectly framed the sentiment.

Kathie Bailey said...

This is lovely Grace. I am a huge fan of the gold too! Simply wonderful creation.

bonnie said...

I am truly blessed to see God's words spotlight in such a way to send comfort in hurting times. Thank you

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Oh Grace what a fabulous design! Love how the die pattern coordinates so nicely with the paper pattern! :)

Gloria Westerman said...

This is my favorite verse and I love your music, everything is just lovely. Thansk for sharing it with us.

Mary said...

Beautiful card!

~Mary

Magnolia and Ivy said...

Love your card and hope to win blog candy Whooo!

Cherie said...

Your card is wonderful! I also checked some of your other cards and they are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Shawna said...

Beautiful card ----- and I love the scene from your window and that precious Ricky-cat! Yes, God is good!

Anonymous said...

Nice details.
carol b

Lorelie Kim said...

Ar you trying to twist my arm into caving in and buying that SB Pendant die?! I LOVE what you did and thank you so much for putting together such a fabulous hop!!

Donna said...

Love this card!!!!

Kim P said...

Such a rich looking card!!

Ruth said...

This is a beautiful card and I love the verse,Ruth x

seamom said...

Beautiful card! The verse isn't one I am familiar with, but soon will know it as it is one to remember.

PatS said...

Nice card. Love your details.

JKB said...

Just a great big WOW! Very nice card! I need this set.

Kelley said...

Fantabulous! So elegant and love the glimmer!

Randi said...

Grace, this is beautiful as always!! You do such detailed work.

JoAnn said...

I hope so much that that I am getting this in on time but it's not Oct.3 yet. I'm still hopping. Love the cards all has made.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Good morning Grace:
Your card posted is so very perfect in every way once again I have sad new a deer friend of over 20yrs passes on her 60th birthday this week. your card is beautiful and I felt a bit better after I saw it. thank you for your messages.
Your are God's Messenger !
~ God Bless~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, your card is so beautiful and elegant!! I LOVE how you cut one square from the Fleur De Lis....clever girl!!!