Monday, November 16, 2009

Now through a shadow but then face to face... SSIC


Hello everyone and happy Monday!

I made this card for the Stampin Sisters in Christ weekly challenge.  This week our hostess is the talented and sweet PeggySue.  The Scripture she directed us to is:

1 Cor. 13:12 "For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

What an incredible thought!!! God knows us completely right now, He created us and knows the very number of hairs on our head!  While we're here in our earthly bodies we only see things in part... not clearly and often we don't understand at all.  But when we enter heaven's gates, we will see our Savior face to face, and we will know and understand things fully as He does now!

PeggySue's challenge for us was to make a shadowbox card, with the thought that one day... there will be no more shadows, all will be seen clearly.  Great tutorial and great devotional thoughts!

I used two Our Daily Bread designs sets: Angel and Luke 2:11 (new Nov. release).  I followed the tutorial on SCS to make my card base out of S.E.I. WinterSong designer paper.  I stamped my images and sentiment on Papertrey Vanilla with VersaMark and heat embossed with Super Fine Detail EP by Ranger.  I used a Spellbinder's Label #6 and cut out my front hole and the sentiment panel for the back, then I ran a gold paint pen around the border of the sentiment panel.  I colored the angel with Prisma Pencils and ODMS, then painted Shimmerz Gold BLINGZ on the wings and also on the poinsettia from Luke 2:11.  I cut them out and adhered to the card front.  I punched the holly borders with my Martha Stewart punch using gold vellum and attached that to the outter borders.  I used an Ornare template to pierce a few doodles and flowers. A few blue half pearls from Hero Arts and done.  This card is 5 1/2" square instead of the A2 size in the tutorial.  It folds flat and fits in my square envelopes.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I so appreciate knowing you were here! God bless your week!

Photobucket

19 comments:

peggysue said...

Grace, the poinsettia looks so beautiful in vanilla and then mounted on the blue? Gorgeous! So glad you had a chance to participate in the SSCC this week, I was looking forward to your entry!

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful work as always Grace. I'm catching up on visits and your latest cards are just gorgeous. :)
Edna x

miss~nance said...

Morning Grace

That is a really beautiful card. All the elemnts work so well together. I really love how the angel is throwing a shadow on the verse - very effective.

Blessings

Gail

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh Grace, this card is so special, rich in lovely details and splendor!

I'm so glad you have been a part of my party memories. I had such a great time, especially making new friends like you. Thank you for your sweet support and encouragement, Grace!

Hugs

Crystal said...

Grace this is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!!! Beautiful card as always sweetie!!

Traci M said...

Grace, your cards are always so gorgeous...I love this verse and the combination of colors and stamps you chose!!

Carol<>< said...

beautiful!
Carol<><

thinker said...

Grace, this is a beautiful card! I love that the angel & poinsettia extend over the edges of the front!! As always, your card is fabulous!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Grace, this is one stunning card!!!! WOW, I am just blown away by it!!! Totally GORGEOUS!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is just so striking!! I love the detail that you do so well! Your angel is stunning and that poinsettia gorgeous - you have created another gift from your heart Grace! I love it that we play along in SSCC, because that is what we are - Stampin' Sisters in Christ - and friends as well - it is win-win! Love it! Thanks for sharing Grace - always 'food for the soul' to be found here!! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

theneon said...

Grace, you've tended to every special detail to make this an exquisite card -- thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love the ornate piercing on your shadow box. I loved the comment that you left on Linda's shadow box. I was thinking along the same line. We will not only see God face to face, but we will be there with eachother.

Helen said...

Wow, Grace, this is awesome! You are so detailed and your work is incredible! I'm amazed at the talent God has placed in you! Awesome card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Pamela said...

Simply gorgeous!!! I love it!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I would have never thought to combine these two colors.. I love the embossing.. Super layout too.. A shadow box is perfect.. Have a super weekend..Will catch up later.

Stephanie said...

hey...I know Peggysue!! :)

love the shadowbox card - it's gorgeous....I'll have to give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful visual of the angel and her words. I just love coming to your site. A fellow sister in the Lord. Thanks for the beautiful addition to the SSCC collection.

The Mama Monkey said...

beautiful with the window and the paper piercing! love it!

Candace said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! :)