Saturday, November 21, 2009

Silvery Poinsettia Glass Ornament






Hi there everyone!  I have a real quick little ornament to share with you tonight.  I stamped the Poinsettia image from Our Daily Bread design's Luke 2:11 with VersaMark and embossed with silver Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder on Acetate.  I punched a small hole in the top of the image and passed a light wire through, twisted it and added a few beads to hide the wire, then ran that up under the ornament cap and cut off.  I added a silver bow and done! Quick and easy but it's actually very pretty and I think I'll be making quite a few of these.  I like the clear effect of the acetate and the uncolored image... it's quite elegant.

Just a quick reminder... Our Daily Bread designs will be having a Blog Hop on Dec. 1 and the talented design team with be giving you lots of holiday ideas to inspire you as you prepare for your own holidays!  Be sure to visit the Our Daily Bread designs Blog to start the hop and TWO lucky players will win a set of their choice! See you at the hop!

Thanks for popping by and have a wonderful Sunday!

17 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace that is sooo beautiful - so delicate and shiney.
blessings
Maxine

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW Grace, this is just stunning! Love the monochromatic look of it!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

That is beautiful! So elegant!

Gunn

peggysue said...

Beautiful Grace!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Oh Grace...this is lovely!!

Doreen said...

That is so very beautiful Grace, you are so talented.
Blessings,
Doreen

helencreaty1 said...

waw this is so stunning =O,wawwwwww i loveit, i'dlike to hold on my christams tree =O,
hugssssss
helen

Maria Matter said...

Simply Stunning Grace!!!


Thanks for sharing this!
Blessings, Maria

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace - this is so beautiful...you are truly inspired with this gorgeous ornament! I love the look that you have created - so elegant and just GORGEOUS!! I am definitely going to be casing this idea...thank you for the inspiration my friend!! God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

Debi said...

Grace this is stunning and will look gorgeous on your tree!

Mel X said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, the image and bow are beautiful. Actually its the best poinsetta stamp I think I've seen. Am inspired, great work


Mel X

Gina Lindsay said...

Grace that is just beautiful! Wow, just so pretty. I love the elegance of the iamge you chose.

Kelley said...

Wowzers, I would love to see this in person!! So beautiful!!

Brat Cards said...

This is SO beautiful grace. Now that I've read how you did it I feel like I'm privy to a magic trick or how to put a ship in there! I'll bet your house is a artist feast for the eyes at Christmas!

You are in my prayers every day.

Love,
Terri

Kathy Jones said...

***THUD*** Wowzas Grace, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

miss~nance said...

Grace this is just beautiful.Such a great idea.

Blessings

Gail

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Grace!! I may just have to try this!!!