Friday, January 15, 2010

Timeless Tues. Meets Stamping in Time



Hello everyone!  Happy Weekend!
I made this card for two challenges.... Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, and Betty's brand new Challenge over on the Our Daily Bread designs Blog,  Stamping in Time!  Betty will be bringing us an assignment challenge on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month!   Feel free to grab her blog button here and post it in your side bar to spread the news of her new challenge!  Be sure to link it to the Our Daily Bread designs Blog!                                                                                                                                                                                                      So this week Betty challenged us to pull our our older sets... specifically the 2009 Anniversary set... The Design Team Scripture Collection 1 and 2.  We were to make a card using one of these two sets, and the challenge was to use word spotlighting.

I chose this verse from Is. 12:2 for my Scripture from the ODBD  DT Scripture Collection 1 set, stamped it with Always Artichoke on creamy cs, over stamped lightly with Amazing Grace Hymn with VersaMark and rubbed Pebbles pearly chalks over it.  After cutting with a Spellbinders Circle Die, I sponged with Always Artichoke.  Then I stamped the verse again with VersaMark, embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder and cut out my two lines, popped them up on dimensionals for my spotlight.

My base is Always Artichoke, Designer Paper is Memory Box Sugardrop, Die Cut leaves and bird is Sizzix, and flowers and bird are airbrushed with Copics. (It's my first shot at the Air Brush, so bear with me while I figure it out! LOL)  I used a Sizzix Embossing Folder for my pink panel, then sponged with AA.

Thanks for looking and for taking the time to leave a comment.  It means so much to me!  To play along with Betty's Assignment Challenge, simply check it out here and link your card by Jan. 27, 6PM EST... there's a prize up for grabs, so why not join in the fun!

22 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Grace. This turned out so feminine and sweet.

Crystal said...

Gorgeous Grace!!!! I love the pink and green, those flowers are beautiful!!!

Stephanie said...

Love the die cut bird & leaves, Grace...looks great on the card! Beautiful :)

Cassie said...

this is ever so lovely!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card, Grace. Love the flowers, they really add a timeless, elegant touch to it.

Kelley said...

Wow, This is super pretty! Love the hymn in the scalloped circle! Beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

Grace this is really lovely. It has so much to look at...lovely details, beautiful verse.

Becky said...

Grace this is stunning, I love all the great details that went into this.

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - Grace I'm so happy you used the Sketch for this card....it's simply GORGEOUS!!! Love how you designed this card!!! Can you blieve I don't have these Stamp Sets....crazy huh??? I hope to get to play Betty's next challenge :)!!!

Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is gorgeous! I love the way you have highlighted the scripture and the gorgeous embellishing you have done! Your flowers are the perfect touch Grace! All of the sponging looks so good too and the music background - stunning! Thanks for another beautiful creation to inspire me in my faith based cards - you are so good at that!! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}} LYMI!!

Kathy Jones said...

OH MY!!!! Grace this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love how you used the sketch, Love all the pearl centred flowers and bird and wonderful job of Betty's challenge!!!

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful colors and flower with pearl accenting! Love how you lightly stamped the musical score in the background,then stamped the scripture. LOVE the embossed popped up wording, too! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card,i love your papers and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue McMahon said...

Beautiful, Grace!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous down to the last detail!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors and your flowers. The way you did the sentiment to have certain pats stand out, and what wonderful words to have have focused.

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is an absolutely BREATHTAKING card!!!!!! You are the Queen of detail....it is so pleasant to look at....just like a masterpiece in a gallery!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Dawn said...

beautiful Grace! you have such an elegant style!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Grace this is so gorgeous! I love how you did the scripture over the hymn and your design is beautiful! I must know where you found the little bird! I love it!

Jami said...

Absolutes stunning Grace!! I just love those leaves and flowers with the pearls!!

Corie said...

WOW -- this is so gorgeous!!