Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shining the Light Challenge... It sings because it has a song

 

Hello everyone!  I'm so excited to be able to say that Our Daily Bread designs WEEKLY CHALLENGES have begun!  Today marks the first day of our first challenge and we have a whole new challenge team making fabulous samples for you!  The challenge is called Shining The Light Challenge and is posted on the ODBD blog every Sat. morning.  You can also read about it on the SCS Member Co Forum  under Our Daily Bread designs. Today's challenge is to use hearts... in any way!  How easy is that!  This is my submission for today's ODBD challenge, as well as for IC218 on SCS.  I am also submitting it to the Crafty Creations Challenge (wings) , Pollycraft Monday (things with wings) and the ABC challenge - N is for New.... this is the NEW release from Our Daily Bread designs. 

My image is stamped in Memento Ink and colored with Copics.  It is one of the four fabulous New Release sets from ODBD called Sing For Joy.  The beautiful swirly dp is Anna Griffith, the green dp is Chatterbox, the base is MS Red, and the QuicKutz swirls are cut out of River Rock and Old Olive, and slightly offset to create dimension and shadow effect.  The birdhouse is a piercing template I got at a local stamp store, Terryfic Times.  I used my Ornare Piercing Tool to pierce the design and hand cut the house out.  I added little MS punched hearts for the roof overhang, and an EK Success heart cut out for the little heart on top and the heart with swirls on the base.  Did some sponging and popped the image up on dimensionals.  I split the sentiement so that the first line is on the front and the rest is on the inside.  Inside I used a new Sizzix EF and lightly chalked the raised areas.

Thanks as always for looking!  I hope you have a blessed weekend!  Please check out the ODBD Challenge Team samples... they will wow you!!!
Photobucket

21 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is gorgeous, LOVE your birdhouse...Beautiful design!!!! WOW!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous. I love this bird house.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Grace! The cardinal is so beautifully colored! Amazing details! Love the way you finished the inside!

Sue said...

oh my ,this is absolutely stunningly beautiful and just as gorgeous inside too,thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Grace!! Love your birdhouse, colors, and the piercing!! So many awesome details to take in. Great take on the Hearts challenge!! Thanks for creating a card for the challenge my friend!!!
big hugs,
Chris

Wanda Cullen said...

Grace, your card is gorgeous...inside and out!! I'm feeling rather guilty because I rarely add more than a sentiment on the inside of cards. You inspire me to change that habit!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this, I love the bird and the way you decorated the card and I absolutely love the sentiment.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, OMGOSH, this is so breathtaking!!! I love the DP, the new EF (gotta go and check that one out ;D) and the coloring of the cardinal......amazing!!! I am totally blown away by your crativity!! Hugs and blessings and feel better!! Sabrina

ChristineCreations said...

Grace what beautiful use of the papers, and a gorgeous birdhouse..and what fantastic piercing! Thanks for playing along with us!

Traci M said...

This is so superbly done, Grace, your colors are gorgeous and unusual for the cardinal, which makes it even more beautiful! I love this sentiment as well!

Rose said...

thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week with your stunning creation :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Just gorgeous Grace! I just visited a blog belonging to a lady who lives in MD. She posted a pic of a cardinal in a tree covered in snow in her backyard. This reminded me of it! I love cardinals!

Emma said...

Beautiful card and so gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Riet said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Grace,i love your image and colours
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

how totally beautiful is this!!!!!!! love all your beautiful details! so glad you played along with the ODBD challenge team!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so beautiful grace-I love the birdhouse and how you used teh swirls as a perch for your lovely cardinal

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the inside looks just as great as the outside! WOnderful card.

Stephanie said...

sooo sooo pretty! I love the embossed leaves on the inside of the card!

just saw the most beautiful cardinal atop my snow-covered locust tree....for a moment, I didn't mind all the snow :)....but just a moment!

Patter Cross said...

Grace, I just LOVE how you created the birdhouse and placed the bird. This is stunning as always!

America said...

SUCH Lovely work, and a great job incorporating hearts! I especially really like dig that birdhouse.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.