Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sing and Make Music in your Heart

 

Hello everyone!  Whew... I have been working on several challenges in one here today!  This is for today's Color Challenge on SCS: Basic Gray, Bravo Burgandy, Summer Sun and neutrals), Betty's Stamping in Time Our Daily Bread designs challenge #2 ( Use Sing to the Lord and add texture and dimension), The MMSC39 sketch, Betty's FTTC Anniversary challenge (cut it out and pop it up), C4c21 (Pink), Our Creative Corner (Music), Your Next Stamp Challenge (Sparkles), and Practical Scrappers (Patterned Paper).... I think that's a record for me! LOL! 

I do love this Our Daily Bread designs set... Sing to the Lord!  It's been a favorite of mine for some time now!  Of course, the new sets just released are quickly becoming new favorites.  Scroll down one post for the blog hop using these sets for three chances to win gift certificates to ODBD

Anyway... Betty's Stamping in Time challenge is to use Sing to the Lord and add texture and dimension.  I stamped the image twice, using a combination of coloring techniques including watercoloring and Airbrushing.  I cut out the flowers and popped some of them up for dimension.  I painted them with Shimmerz to add sparkle.  For the sentiment panel, I first stamped the ODBD Amazing Grace Hymn on marbled yellow cs in VersaMark, then lightly chalked that with gray chalk.  Then I cut out the heart with a SB Heart Die, and over-stamped the sentiment in Bravo Burgandy.  I hand drew a slightly larger heart on BB CS and then on Basic Gray.  I distressed all the edges and layered them, cutting the gray in half and only showing a bit of gray on one side as a shadow effect.  All layers are distressed with a T Holtz Distressing Tool.  

My paper is a base of Bravo Burgandy, unknown yellow marbled cs, and the DP is Flair Designs Coming Up Roses.  I added more dimension with a wired ribbon from Michaels and ZVA Creative Pearls.  Although I really struggled with these colors, I am actually happy with the end result.  I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!  

When you think of God's Amazing Grace, does it not make you want to Sing and make Music in YOUR heart to the Lord? 
Photobucket

28 comments:

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning, Grace! Beautiful blend of these colors and your detailing is just fabulous! Three of these challenges are mine...wow! Did not realize I had so much going on! Thanks for playing in them all! Blessings!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzers Grace!! And you said you struggled with these colors..... I think you must have been kidding with me. This is incredible my dear friend. Not listening to you anymore. LOL! You sure aced the challenges!! The sketch, the colors, the dimension, all of it girl!! I am dumbfounded!!
Gorgeous on every level!!
hugs,
Chris

Priscilla said...

Oooooo this is just lovely..those colors are so wonderful..I love the whole thing and that bow is perfect. Your card matches your blog wallpaper ..did you plan that ;) We loved having you as a GDT dive. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Keep entering because we have some wonderful sponsors coming up, PLUS, we are going to have another one of our HUGE give-a-ways in a few weeks, so keep playing with us for all the action ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Phyllis said...

Grace ~ AWESOME card!! Beautiful colors and embellishments!! Love the sentiment and that is one GORGEOUS bow!! We are going to miss you as the MM Diva!! We enjoyed our time with you so very much. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Stephanie said...

I didn't check out the color challenge yet, but wowzers Grace!! you hit it outta the park :) this is just so beautiful! your coloring on the bird is phenomenal...great job :)

Silke Ledlow said...

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS CARD!!!! WOW I really love your take on all the challenges....you nailed them all!!! Fabulous design and colors execution!!! Hugs ~S~

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Grace, that's so gorgeous. Love the colors and the swirling pearl and that lovely bow are beautiful add-ons for this card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at YNS Challenge this time :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace - this is beautiful! I love the colours and they way you used the sketch! These new ODBD sets are divine! I love that bird and where you have placed him with the sentiment - this is gorgeous!! Love the bow and the swirls too! It is great to have you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love seeing your cards! Can't wait to see what you do next week! {{{hugs}}}

Becca Feeken said...

Absolutely stunning Grace!! You breathe life into the most wonderful cards!!
--Hugs Becca

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the colors. Wow you did a fantastic job of incorporating all those challenges into one card, go girl go!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace, this card of yours just sings! Beautiful dp and design using the Midnight Madness sketch and those wonderful ODBD stamps. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

JazzyH said...

Love the card and the birds!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue McMahon said...

Hello Grace! That ribbon is just GORGEOUS!!! OMG! I love the rich colors of this entire card. Your envision of the sketch is so fresh every week! What an inspiration! Thank you for joining us this week and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMSC DT

Cheryl said...

Wow Grace, it's GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors, your heart with the sentiment and your birds and flowers too. Well, I also like your pearls and that yummy ribbon...the entire thing really caught my eye!

Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us next week too!

Crystal said...

Oh, so lovely ! I could gaze on this one for quite a few minutes . Those rich colors are stunning together ! Beautiful , Grace !

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Grace:
You are really bringing it on...one gorgeous creation after the other. Do you ever run out of ideas??? lol Simply magnificent. Thanks for playing along with us again this week. Having you as part of the Midnight Madness family means so much to us!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Unknown said...

OMG! Your card is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

peggysue said...

This reminds me of a song we sang in church on Sunday . . . sing, sing, sing and make music with our voices! Just sheer loveliness Grace.

Anonymous said...

Grace this is such a beautiful card! WOW! There is so much to love about it: the way you colored the wonderful bird,(Is that flower in her mouth?), the embossed background, all of those tiny flowers with their tinier centers, I love pearls on cards, I think they add so much elegance, and that incredible bow! (I'm thinking you used, "bow easy!"), now I'm thinking you probably didn't need to! You have such unbelievable talent!

I've been wondering, when you make cards like this one for your blog, is it regular sized, or
a 12"x 12",or something else?
That bow looks huge!

Thank you for sharing your talents with me/us.

In His Love,
Traci S.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Grace, this is unbelievably beautiful! I love that bow for sure and swirly pearls are just wonderful with the image. Stunning color combo too! :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. :) Michelle

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW this is so pretty! What an unexpected color combo that is just stunning! Love that yummy ribbon, too!

Dawn B. said...

What tough colors but you make it look so beautiful..Really nice job Grace..That is some intricate cutting..I love the ribbon..

Anonymous said...

good one! i just made a lot of fresh emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous, Grace! Love the placement of the beautifully colored bird and flowers!

Kelley said...

Once again, you are totally blowing me away with another fabulous card! LOVE THIS!!!!