Friday, March 12, 2010

The Flowers are telling me... spring is coming!

Hello everyone! I hope it's beautiful where you are! It is pouring here, but the rain is bringing the spring bulbs up already, so I know spring is here.

I made this card for several challenges. I used the MMSC44 for my layout, used Betty's ODBD Stamping in Time Challenge 5 to use something new, (as well as WT261), Stampin Sisters in Christ's challenge to represent Joy (see below for the Scripture inside), Cupcake Challenge 81 (Flower Power), Stamp w/ Fun (Spring), Sophisticat (Flourishes and Bling). Whew! LOL!

This beautiful image is from the newly released set "Happy Easter" from Our Daily Bread designs. I stamped on Neenah cs, colored with Copics, made a mask of a Spellbinder's label 10 and airbrushed the bg, masking the flowers off. I highlighted the daffodil with a clear glitter gel pen. The base is a new Coredinations cs that I LOVE! The dp is The First Blush by Prima. The ribbon is Martha Stewart and the pearl flourishes are ZVA Creative, while the little pearl flowers are making Memories. It was fun working on such a happy card when the weather is so gloomy!




The inside of the card is where I put the sentiment, which is from another newly released ODBD set "The Lord Has Risen". I stamped it with Memento, then cut with SB label 10, placed the smallest cross from my brand new Spellbinders cross set in the center and sponged all around it, using it as a mask. The picture doesn't do the inside justice. Used a MS punch on the scrap of dp that was left from the front .Thanks so much for looking! I love knowing you were here!

Have a blessed day! Thank God for His rich blessings!

23 comments:

Dell said...

Fabulous card Grace! I love the stitching around the edges and the pearl embellishments on this card.

Very nice.

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors, coloring, and detailing, Grace! Love the shapes and pearl accenting. Especially those cluster pearls with the ribbon tabs! Wonderful scripture card!

Priscilla said...

WOW Grace..just beautiful.. love the pearls and your main image bg coloring in the nestie shape is very clever..Just lovely all around. You are an amazing card artist. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Sneak Peek will be up tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that. Oh, and we love all our players project so much, we have a surprise for everyone next week, so stay tuned for that.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Dawn B. said...

You used your new tools...:) it looks fantastic Grace.. Love the die shaped airbrushing.. My daffodils are almost in full bloom. I am so ready for spring.. Have a great weekend.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fabulous card- I love the stitching- love the airbrushing- the colors are wonderful too! TFS

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

How fresh and lovely, Grace! The colors you've chosen are spectacular, and that scripture...Biblical poetry!

What a blessing your talents are to me! Thank you for sharing!

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is like a breath of fresh spring air. I love the soft colors and your gorgeous image. You have embellished this to perfection. How charming and creative. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace - this just 'oozes' beauty!! I love everything about it - you have captured so much with this card - the joy of spring jumps out at me - fabulous - love it! Your colours are perfect and I love the Nestie - stunning Grace (and so is your card! LOL!) We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

what for wonderful spring card !! love the colours !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I just love your daffodil and choice of colors!!! The use of the sketch is gorgeous!! Very springy and elegant my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Grace, the colours are lovely :-)
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cats this week, hope to see you next week
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

Anneke klerks said...

BEAUTYFUL card Grace

greetings anneke

Connie M. said...

Beautiful, inside and out, Grace!! Love the added flourished pearls, and your masking is amazing!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my word, that is about all I can say about this BEAUTY!!! Everything, and I mean everything on this card, inside and out, is absolutely stunning!!! Your coloring job...out of this world and those Zva touches,fabulous! Anothe masterpiece!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

Grace, your card is stunning. I love that daffodil. You have colored it up beautifully and love how you placed it in the nestie. Stitching is a great final touch to an already beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Just a beautiful interpretationof the sketch.

jSue
MMSC March Guest

America said...

FABULOUS card, gorgeous colors, awesome detailing, great use of the spellbinders, love the sewing & the bling... I could go on -wow!! You totally get me inspired when Im running low on MOJO. I just vist your blog for that needed inspiration. THANK YOU GRACE. I love your work woman!!!

Anonymous said...

Grace, this is B E A U T I F U L!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace,

I hear everyone echoing the same thoughts about your art, beautiful, stunning, sewing, lace,
Nesties etc...and how much they enjoy looking at your cards.

Everytime someone else says it,or it is me saying it. I think of you. It is because of YOU and your God-given gifts that we may feel blessed by taking in your incredible art...whichever piece it may be.

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Laurie said...

Grace, Your card is lovely. I have seen some daffodils peeking through the dirt (now that the snow has finally melted!)recently. Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC this week.

Anonymous said...

Ditto of the last TWENTY people!!! Bravo. I think that I have found someone that loves green as much as I do. Thanks for sharing your art with us at SSCC.

Unknown said...

WOW Grace this is one beautiful card, so much work and detail, I love daffodils, most off all flowers, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xx

Kelley said...

So divine, Grace! Just makes me smile looking at al it's prettiness!