Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Merci Bouquet Sketch


Hello everyone!
I had time for a little playing for the fun of it this afternoon after I got home. I played in the sketch challenge on SCS. I flipped it on it's side and used my new Layers Of Color stamp Set called Merci Bouquet. I just love it! There are so many fun little images in the set and I'm looking forward to using more of the stamps. For this one I stamped on Neenah paper and colored with Copics, then added plenty of sponging for a vintage look. My image is on a Spellbinder's Label 6 and that is mounted on the label 10. The Sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip on the smallest Mega Oval and the scrolls are also Spellbinders mini set, I believe it was called Symbology. The designer paper is by Prima, called First Blush, and the base is Bazzill. The gold is textured and is from my scrap box. The beautiful lace is a RAK from my sweet friend Pat Smethers! This was fun and even with the sewing went quite quickly!

I am entering this in:
The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge - Vintage
Polycraft Challenge - Distress / Distress Inks
Sophisticat Challenge - Flourishes / bling

Hope you are having a blessed day! Thanks for taking a peek!



22 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my goodness, this is beyond GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about this card and that yummolicious lace....WoW, so stunning!!! Another masterpiece waiting to be framed ;D;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace, this is so elegant, and beautiful. Love the colours and shapes that you have used - as for that lace, it is stunning and just so 'right' for the card!
Blessings

Kim said...

Lovely, Grace! Rich and elegant!

Lovely Linda said...

GRACE! GRACE! GRACE!! This is DIVINE! I love how you have used the Layer of Color set - you are a natural with these my friend. Your colour add to the whole feel of your card - I love the Nesties, the lace - I love it all! This is a banquet for the eyes Grace! I love it - the Sneak Peeks are out for LOC- I am sure you will be loving those images too....thanks for sharing Grace - you have 'wowed me TOTALLY!' {{{hugs}}}

Silke Ledlow said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! Perfect take on the Sketch - Grace!!! Love these rich colors too!!! Hugs ~S~

Kristine said...

Hi Grace *Ü* LOOOOVE this card! This is my all-time favorite LOC set (so far!) Love all your stitching and the coloring etc. You have a beautiful "knack" for these awesome stamps Grace. Love your style! Have a wonderful evening!!
Blessings,
~Kristine

Crystal said...

WOW Grace this is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my word I LOVE your stitching and these colors!!!! This looks amazing!!!!

Stephanie said...

well Grace, you sure used the most of your free time :) - this is stunning! I love that pot of flowers :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

oowee! Grace, you've created another winner! Yes, indeed, your BEST work!

Margaret said...

Beautiful work. Love every bit of it.

Patter Cross said...

Grace, this turned out STUNNING! LOVE the grey with the green!!! Just so perfect together, and you always add the right touches! Gorgeous creation!! Have a blessed day!

Moshie said...

WOW! Very gorgeous and so elegant!!! Love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week.
hugs, Moshie

Ramona said...

Just gorgeous. I love the colors. My favorites. I really like this card.

Dell said...

What a delicate card. Reminds me of a card I would see at a tea house store.

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is so elegant!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty! Beautiful colors and love the layout and the embellishments you used. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace,

What a phenomenal card. At first I thought it was stamped on leather! I see that is your stamping and coloring! I love the shape of the pot with the bg shapes behind it! You are so wonderful at your shading, Grace. The flourishes look as if they are made of strong metal and are hinges for this wonderful book! I am still amazed it is not a book...but a card. That lace is so perfect for this card. Wow, it is pretty.


He IS Able,
Traci S.

Unknown said...

Stunning card Grace, thank you so much for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Mandy said...

Oh Grace your card is stunning, love everything.
Thanks for joining us for Lisa's challenge at Sophisticats, hope to see you again next time
hugs Mandy DT xx

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! WOnderful vintage feel to the colors, great flower image.

Unknown said...

Your card is stunning Grace, beautifull distressed and wonderful LO.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Grace, this is gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and how you layered your Nesties. Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot! xxD