Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Butterfly Collector

Hello everyone!
Today I have a real quick card I made to honor this week's featured stamper on SCS... Dara was the honored stamper this week and I have had the joy of meeting Dara in person a few times, and just had to play along.  Here is her card that I cased.  I used Layers of Color Butterfly Collector for my butterfly and colored it with Copics.  For my background, I stamped the flourish from Nature Walk over the BasicGrey graph paper.  The base of the card is a textured yellow from my stash, and I pierced the corners with the sun ray corner template by Ornare.  I matted with Old Olive and added some ZVA Creative Pearls.  You can't see it in the photo, but the butterfly is embossed with UTEE and popped up.  Also you can't see in the photo but the ribbon is really a pretty double sided green on one side/ aqua on the other, which picks up the aqua in the butterfly.   It is a super quick card but I had fun with it and it's nice to have one I can actually mail in a regular A2 envelope! LOL!

14 comments:

Angel said...

Oohh... as a butterfly lover, I have to say this is just BEAUTIFUL!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is my last stop before bed (LOL) and I am glad I came - I love this card - that butterfly is beautiful! I love the colours you have used and the lovely touches you always add - fabulous Grace! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, WOW, this is so gorgeous!!! I so love butterflies and this card is over the top stunning!!! I am sure you made this one for me, didn't you? :D:D:D Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Becky said...

What a beautiful card, Love this butterfly.

Lynne Phelps said...

I love your card - it is a collection of wonderful details that all work so well together. My favorite detail is the pearl flight trail of the butterfly - it just makes me happy!

Crystal said...

Oh my Grace this is outstanding...LOVE the butterfly and this pretty color combo!!! Beautiful work girl!!!

Lori said...

Stunning!!! The colors are beautiful. The piercing is fantastic!

Kathy Jones said...

So beautiful Grace!!! Love these colours, the texture, pierced corners and that butterfly is gorgeous!!! (Like the new avatar too!! :) )

Jodi said...

This is beautiful!! I love your colors and the great details on your card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Mark - Layers of Color said...

Ooo, marvelicious, Grace!! Creative and beautifully unique! Love the colors too!

So excited about Friday!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! You should be so proud of it GF!! I love your colors and the stunning butterfly!! Simply beautiful dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Stephanie said...

within the past four months, I've went from not caring too much for butterflies to LOVING them!! Your card is definitely one of the reasons for the change :) I put back a MS butterfly punch yesterday, and I'm kicking myself for it now...guess I'll be making a trip to Michael's soon

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful take on her card! The colors you used are stunning!

Dara said...

Thank you for playing on my special day my dear friend. That meant a lot to me. Hope all is good with you.

Hugs