Friday, April 2, 2010

The cards I really made for the April 1 blog hop! Did you guess right?


Well, finally the sticks in the bread basket can come clean with which cards we actually created for the April First release! If you missed the hop, we played an April Fool's prank on Kelley, and cased a DT sister's card, then sent it to that sister to post, and Kelley had to guess who made which one! It took a little work, but she got it!!! We didn't make it easy, for sure!!! I'd love to know if you guessed them right!

This first card I made as a case of Sandee, and it must have been pretty easy to guess because it was the one Kelley guessed right first and was sure of! Hehehe!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs Mom (Image) and Happy Mother's Day (Sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Brilliance Galaxy Gold (book pages)
Technique: Colored image with Copics
Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Edgeability, Spellbinders Label 7, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug corner die cuts, ZVA Creative Satin butterfly, 1/4"pink satin ribbon, Stickles





My second card is a masculine card using two of the new released sets. I just love the masculine font on this "Happy Birthday"! I have lot's of more feminine happy birthday fonts, but this is just perfect for a guy! I cased Debi for this card. Did you guess that right
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs April Release Happy Father's Day (Image) and Dad (sentiments)
Ink: Memento, colored with Copics
CS: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Basic Black base, Bazzill Brown, Core-dinations Black sanded heavily to show the tan core
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, T Holtz Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Black Soot, SU! Hemp Twine, McGill tag punch, Dimensionals, T Holtz Distress tool, Screw head brads, black brads inside

Thanks so much for stopping by and playing a little April Foolery with us and I hope you had as much fun as we did!
May you have a blessed Easter celebration! This holy week is so foundational to us as Christians... I hope we all take the time to reflect, worship and praise Him for what He has done!

7 comments:

Pati said...

You were my first guess for Sandee but darn it I changed it when I saw all of the beautiful work & choices!!
Very pretty colors and coloring!

Pati said...

Oops, forgot you did both cards : ) I do love your coloring and distressing on the Dad card, great masculine card, earthy yet handy : )

Kelley said...

I knew right away you made the first card!! But the second card, forget it!! It was just so Debi!! You are so clever, Grace! I only got them correct after guessing all night! LOL!

Lori said...

Your first card is the only one I guessed on, and I was right! What gave it away? The satin butterfly, because you sent one to me, too!

MariLynn said...

I love your card. I just wasn't very good at guessing whose cards were whose. You we all too good at casing the other designers.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your cards are down right gorgeous my friend!! I love the masculine touch of the Father's day card and the pure Elegance of the first. Adding the butterfly was the perfect touch!!

Have a blessed Easter my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Velta said...

These are two of the most beautiful cards I have seen in our blog world....The images are just gorgeous...but the way you have designed around them is just amazing...Thank you for sharing!!! Wishing you and yours a Very Blessed Easter Sunday!!