Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Layers of Color Flowering Gemstones

Hello everyone!
I hope your week is going well! Today I have something different to show you. Beverly at Terryfic Times gave me this green die cut that she had cut at her store, and asked me to see what I could do with it. I ended up bending the cut circles backwards and stitching through each one to "tack" them down, adding a bead to each space. I paired it with these two shades of blue/aqua card stock from my stash, and decided that my Layers of Color "Flowering Gemstones" would look good with this layout. I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics, and cut out. I pierced my corner treatments with my Ornare template which I also got at from Beverly, adding the small cut flowers to the piercing. I added gold microbeads to the centers of all the flowers. Different, right? It was fun and actually went quite quickly!

I am linking this card to the following challenges:

Sew many Cards - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time - Flowers
Daring Card Makers - Die Cuts


Thought for today: Is. 40:26 "Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things..."

I hope the rest of your week is filled with blessings, and that you have time to see them! Thanks for stopping!

22 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful card, Grace.
Love your treatment of the diecut, as I would have simply tucked the cut-out under the solid piece behind it. Doing it your way gives it a really light look, and the addition of the beads is just lovely.
Blessings
Maxine

Irena said...

This card is so beautiful :)

Becky said...

Love what you did with this die cute, great colors.

Crystal said...

Oh my GRACE what a gorgeous way to use this die cut!!!! OH my word this is beautiful and so creative sweetie!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

OMGoodness Gracious Me!!! This is incredible Grace! WOW!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Sunning, Grace! You've been given such a gift of creativity! Beautifully done!

God bless your day, Grace! Hugs!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Loving the colors! The cut work your friend did is gorgeous, I there a template for it? No need to e-mail me, just curious.

Grace said...

The die cut is from her commercial machine Lori! I linked her and I'm sure she'd send you one in any color you wanted, all cut for you! Hope that helps!

~Jeri~ said...

Gorgeous card Grace! I have some templates that does this sort of cut but they intimidate me to extreme lol maybe ill have to go play with it now!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Jodi said...

Very pretty card, I love the dimension and colors you used!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

WOW!! Fab card, love what you did with the cut circles. Thanks for joining us at SMC

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Grace. It gives your card so much dimension.. I love the colors.. I have never seen a die cut like this.. Great job.. Have a super weekend.

Sandy O said...

WOW, that is the word WOW, absolutely perfect in everyway! It is such an inspiration to use templates I have had laying around for over 2 years, LOL Your friend definately chose the right person to ask.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at Sew Many Cards

Sam said...

This is another great card hunny. Thanks for sharing it with us at OSAAT.
Sam x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is sensatinal! I love the dimension and that gorgeous Die. Hoe clever of you to add sewing and beads - amazing! You have made those LOC Flowering Gems shine - thanks for sharing Grace - this is gorgeous!! You know I just love having you on the LOC DT - what a blessing you are! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Grace this card is stunning!!I love the colors and the flowers!!!
Amazing job with the frame!!Love it
gf!!
Blessings,
Chris

Regina said...

beautiful! love the colors and those diecut circles are cool! thanks for playing along at SMC

Spyder said...

fabulous card, very pretty! Thank you for joining OSAAT's Flower challenge this week
((Lyn))

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorjus,love the colurs you have used thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cherylx

Tammy said...

What a neat design...Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT! Smiles...Tammy.

thread-bare said...

What a fantastic lacé card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x