Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stampin Sisters in Christ... This is Love! Plus something for my peeps


Hello everyone! Happy Easter!!!
I'm excited today not only because it's Easter and we have so much to thank the Lord for.... but also because I have been asked to join the Design Team over at Stampin Sisters in Christ! I'm so honored and humbled to have been asked, and I love having the opportunity to represent my Savior with such a great group of Christian women! Thanks to all the Stampin Sisters for inviting me!

Our hostess this week is Kathy, and she chose the verse John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." What a perfect verse for Easter Sunday! Kathy's challenge to us is to use the word LOVE somewhere on your card or project, or something that symbolizes love to you.

When I think of LOVE... pure unconditional love, I think of the love that God has for us! 1 Jn. 4:10 says "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." John 15:13 says "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." The love that God has for us originated from Him... not because we loved Him, but because He first loved us and gave himself for us! On this Easter Sunday... it's the perfect time to remember that that love took Jesus to the cross to die a most painful death, but He did not stay there! He conquered death when He arose from the grave, and because of that we who know Him as our Savior have the assurance that we too will live with Him in heaven! I have many people in this world who love me, and whom I love... but none can match the love of God for each and every one of us! I hope that is your joy and song today!

For my card today, I made a 5 x 5" easel card. Here is the recipe:
Stamps: "Love" from Our Daily Bread designs" Let Us Begin", Verse from ODBD "Cross of Christ"
Card Stock: Bazzill Base, Papertrey Vintage Cream
Accessories : Spellbinder's Cross, Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug Organic Flourish Edge folder, Spellbinder's Fancy Tags, Spellbinder's Tag Trio, Sewing Machine, Cotton lace sewn into a flower, Ribbon, Pearls, Shimmery flowers, Prima , Adirondak Latte ink

Our Sponsor this week is  Inktegrity - Digital Stamps by Joni.  Joni is donating a $10.00 Gift Certificate to one blessed winner this week!  Thank you Joni for your generosity!
To be entered in the drawing, your card must be linked to Mr. Linky by 11:50PM PDT (GMT-8) Saturday April 10th. The winner will be chosen by random and will be announced on Tues. April 13th.
Please be sure to make the link direct to your project, not just your blog or gallery, and please place a link to Stampin Sisters in Christ in your post! I can't wait to see your creations!


...............................................................................................................
 I also just wanted to show you a little project I made for my Grand kids for Easter, as I am blessed to be able to be with them today!  This is a cute little gift set with all the fixins for Easter Smores in a jar.  I had seen this last year and if anyone can tell me where it originated I'd love to give proper credit, but I adjusted it a bit and to decorate the recipe card and top of the jar lid,  I used Layers Of Color Art Stamps Rise & Shine Set and colored them with SU! Chalks, blending with a waterbrush.  I love how the Chalks give such a soft feel to these little chicks.  I hope the kids will enjoy making these yummy Smores!

Have a Blessed Easter and thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card Grace. Awesome details.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Grace your card is stunning! It is beyond gorgeous! WOW!!! And the little peeps smores are darling!

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful card. I love all the detail! And those Easter Smores... what a fun idea!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - what a gorgeous card - I love all of the detail and the wonderful scripture you used. Your cross is perfect and all of the texture divine! I love the Ornamental Iron Embossing Floder - it is the first time I have seen it used and it is a favourite with me!! A fabulously inspired card Grace!

I am so glad that we are working together as Stampin' Sisters in Christ, in many ways my friend! God bless you and your family Grace, over Easter as we celebrate - watch out for those adorable smores - they stay are too more-ish! YUMBLY! Great idea and love the recipe! Thanks for sharing Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Karen W said...

Grace this is just outstanding, I love everything about this card. I have to check out this cuttlebug edge folder thing? Beautiful!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! The details are fabulous, Grace. The spellbinders cross is so cool. I love the gift for your grandkids, I'll have to remember this, for my daughter.

Anneke klerks said...

what a beautyful card!!!!!
happy easter

greetings anneke

Wendy M said...

Stunning card :D

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your challenge card Grace!!! So elegant and gorgeous! So much texture and dimension!! Love the monochromatic feel!! The gift set for you peeps is too cute too!! Love it!!!

So excited to be on yet another team with you Grace!!

Hope you are having a blessed Easter with your daughter and family. TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Helen said...

Oh, Grace, that card is gorgeous! I love it! Your Easter projects are also adorable!
Blessings!
~H

Christi said...

Oh, wow! Your easel card is amazing...so gorgeous!!! I love the fun Easter smores!

Christi said...

I also wanted to wish you congratulations on becoming a DT member for Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Gina Lindsay said...

Congrats on the DT spot, I think you will be the perfect addition to their team. Your card is just beautiful and I love the treats you made!

Kathy W. said...

Wow Grace. I'm so loving this card:) You have such a great talent and I'm so looking forward to working with you on the SSCC, Welcome!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

THUD!!! That was my jaw dropping to the floor, Gracie-girl. This is BEYOND gorgeous and stunning; it is divine!!

Kristine said...

Hi Grace! Sorry I'm late getting here to comment--busy weekend! LOL Your card is EXQUISITE!! I love every single detail from your verse stamp to your cuttlebugging and everything inbetween!! *Ü* You are a blessing and I'm so excited to have you on our Design Team!

Super cute recipe jar and card--it looks YUMMMY! *Ü*

Rosietoes said...

Grace your card is amazing. I love everything about it. The gift for your little ones is charming.
Every blessing in this Easter season and congratulations on the design team place.
Edna x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, Grace, Grace, I nearly fell off of my chair when I saw your fabulous and beyond words card!!! WOW....is about all I can say about this BEAUTY!!! Everything is perfect!!! I so love the idea with the peeps....too bad I am just now seeing this, but there is next year, right? :D:D. Oh, don't let me forget this stunning lace flower...I've gotta have instructions, PLEASE :D:D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

peggysue said...

Oh my word Grace this is so beautiful!!! What a gorgeous introductory creation for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge, wow! *squeal!* So excited to have you as part of the design team.

Dell said...

Grace,
I honestly think your love of Christ just spills out through your beautiful cards! You so inspire me both spiritually and emotionally when I look at your work.

Hope you had a fantastic Easter.

Anonymous said...

Grace, both cards are delightful. I am so happy to have you on the SSCC team! Your style will make a nice addition.

Kelley said...

Your cross card is totally out of this world fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

Grace Grace Grace!!!! this is BEYOND amazing!! wowzers all your touches make this a beautiful work of art!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh My Goodness!! That Easter cross card drops my jaw!! Stunning!

Of course the chix are adorable, but I'm biased :)