Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Layers of Color Summer Release Sneak Peek!



Hello everyone! If you are looking for the Our Daily Bread designs Blog Hop please scroll down one post!

Today I have a sneak peek for you of one of the Summer Releases by Layers of Color -- ART STENCILS!! These wonderful stencils are so fun to play with and can be used on cards, gift bags, candles,walls, fabric... you name it! I think I have contemplated stenciling everything in my house!!! LOL!

The Design Team will be showing you peeks over these next couple of weeks leading up to the Release Party on June 14th! Also, we will have a Drawing to win all 7 new art stencils at the Layers of Color blog, which will begin on June 7th! Be sure to pop on over there and see more inspiration, and sign up for the drawing !!! Also, please visit the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration over the next 2 weeks!


For this project, I made a very simple Christmas card! I am sorry the photo does not do this one justice! I used the Vintage Medallion Art Stencil and thanks to Nina Bracket's great inspiration, I tried embossing it in my Cuttlebug and it worked! I then lightly sponged Bordering Blue on it and hand cut the circle, as I don't have a cutting system for large circles! :( My sentiment is from Darcie's and is stamped with Stazon on acetate which is attached behind the ribbon at the top so you don't see the adhesive, but this allowed me to add a sentiment without blocking any of the pretty pattern of the stencil. I randomly added some Recollections crystal snowflakes. The base of this card is Bazzill and is cut a little flat at the top for the fold. I added a layer of retired SU! CS which I distressed. A little ribbon and done. This has to be one of the fastest cards I've made in a long time! So fun working with these stencils! Stay tuned because I have LOTS more to show you over the next couple weeks!

One more exciting piece of news for Layers of Color... Gina Johnson has joined us as Guest Designer for June! You will love her layouts using LOC images! Please pop in on her blog and leave her some love!

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!


8 comments:

Traci M said...

This is soo pretty, Grace...the sentiment is wonderful, and the delicate stenciling with those soothing colors is beautiful!! I will have to check this out!! Blessings~!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace~

This is so beautiful. I thought it may have been ceramic or something at first. I'm so glad that you give all of the details...even how to hide the adhesive!

You are #1 in my opinion!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Crystal said...

Hi Grace, Hope you are having a fab hump day!!!! I am lovin your circle creation and that beautiful bow...SUPER sweet snowflakes too...Beautiful work as always sweetie!

Kristine said...

This is soo PRETTY Grace! Very soothing and peaceful with the light blue/s. OK, I've got a question about your sponging--HOW do you make it look dry-embossed? LIke on some of the sponging there's like a white/light shadow next to it. Did you sponge in white first and then blue over the top? Or did you move the stencil slightly while sponging?? Or is that just the light in the photo?? LOL! I'm stumped. I think it's soo beautiful! Mine tends to look flat. =) Anyway, you're doing a lovely job (as ALWAYS)--can't wait to see more!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

SO inspiring, Grace! You need to teach a class to us all! lol

You're quite gifted at being creative with those stencils...superb and beautiful work!

NinaB said...

Thanks for the link, Grace. I love your simple but oh-so elegant card.

Riet said...

Ohhhh Grace,So beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lori said...

Fabulous, Grace! This is an elegant card with that stenciling.